Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Heydrich house

Article about: Located in the sleepy village Panenské Břežany, just outside of Prague, is the former home of SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich. The house sits in a secluded spot at the foot of a

Had a chance to do get inside the Villa last week, and do an in-depth tour.

When time permits, will post some photos . . . for now, here's a few "thumbnails" - showing the outside of the villa, the balcony, the grand staircase, the large entertaining room [where Heydrich practiced his fencing skills], the swimming pool, the front gate, the guard-house [which was originally a weinstube], and the lovely little guard-dog's that keep the place safe at night.

Another curious tidbit of information came out of the visit . . . it seems the older son of Heydrich was buried on the premises - and I have snapshot of the [reputed] location. A video I made - of an interview with a past servant - goes along with the explanation . . . and hopefully, I can figure out how to include this in the future post.

:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Heydrich house  

?

Hello
    Thank you Gentleman
    cordially
    Didier

wow.Thank you.Wait for the photos

Eewww Getting cold in here !!

Looking forward to the photos
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry for the delay in my promise - just haven't had time to put it all together. There is a an awful lot I want to share.

Rest assured - will do so soon . . .

- - ------- - -

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Thank you gents...

The only period image that I have is the one below Adrian, showing Heydrich's former home.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. One would expect that Lina Heydrich's book has some images inside...perhaps.
    Hello Carl

In my research on the Villa, I have come across quite a few more photos - even some with the Bloch-Bauer family in them. It makes for an interesting study - to see what the place once looked like, in comparison to what it does today. I got a real thrill out of one photo in particular - that of the family, taken in the very same room where I had the fortune to stand, just a few weeks ago . . . and reputedly, the same room where Heydrich enjoyed practicing his skills with the foil.

Hope you enjoy!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Carl, nice pics and thanks for another good thread. They certanly lived in some nice houses.

Cheers, Ade.
    Mortgage free.

Not sure if it is new news but his son wants to restore it to former glories.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Not sure if it is new news but his son wants to restore it to former glories.
    Who's son, Heydrich's ??

yes bud, i will try to find a link it may well be old news, of course it was met with complaints that is understood, he wanted to use EU funding
    sorry 7 years old
    Son of detested Nazi leader sparks outrage after announcing he wants to restore castle where 'Butcher of Prague' ruled | Daily Mail Online

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast