Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Heydrich house

Article about: Located in the sleepy village Panenské Břežany, just outside of Prague, is the former home of SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich. The house sits in a secluded spot at the foot of a

?

Default re: The Heydrich house

Indeed they do my friend. It was a beautiful summer day during last year when we were there. As we strolled around, we had the grounds to ourselves. One couldn't help but think of the conversations that must have been had by Frank, Heydrich and others taking the same steps many years ago.

Regards,

Carl

Great Photos. Thanks for sharing.

Nothing can beat walking where they walked and talked. To know they looked at the same views and were in the Same buildings. It's fascinating.

?

Default Re: The Heydrich house

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Nothing can beat walking where they walked and talked. To know they looked at the same views and were in the Same buildings. It's fascinating.
    This is something that I am very fortunate to be able to do on a regular basis, and for that, I consider myself lucky to keep in touch with history so close at hand. Whether it be travelling through Germany, Poland and Austria, as we often do, or even taking a simple ride on the trams over one of the bridges that cross the Vltava, I often find myself imagining the scene as it was during those times, with guards and police everywhere, and people going about their business evermore carefully. Fascinating indeed.

Regards,

Carl

?

I remember having to sit on the front steps of the Reichstag where all those high comand went up, great photos of Heydrich house... thanks

?

Thank you for posting these photos. Are there any period photos which show the houses or indeed any of the former occupants?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you gents...

The only period image that I have is the one below Adrian, showing Heydrich's former home.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. One would expect that Lina Heydrich's book has some images inside...perhaps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Heydrich house  

thanks for posting.great.as i can see no one is living there now?

?

No, the property is currently privately owned. Unfortunately, the owner does not have sufficient means to support such a grand house, and the effects of this are now becoming visible. However, the owner, along with Heider Heydrich, Reinhard's son, and local officials have reportedly held talks about the future of the property. Heider Heydrich pointed out that the property could certainly use a little help, possibly from EU funding. One party later revealed, that once adequate fundraising has been acquired, the house will be restored to its former state, and possibly opened as a museum dedicated to those who resisted the Nazis in occupied lands, such as Czechoslovakia.

Regards,

Carl

Great stuff Carl, as always a brilliant thread with terrific pics. You are indeed lucky mate, I would love to visit these places and just soak up the atmosphere, same space different time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast