Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Heydrich house

Article about: Located in the sleepy village Panenské Břežany, just outside of Prague, is the former home of SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich. The house sits in a secluded spot at the foot of a

Default Re: The Heydrich house

Thanks for sharing these pics. Sounds like an exciting voyage to see that villa. well done dude.

I would love to tour one of those(esp the attic and basement) but I would never be able to sleep in one!

?

Very interesting thread, to imagine if the walls could talk. You are touching history, my compliments Carl.

?

Thank you Doug, I appreciate your kind words, once again.

Regards,

Carl

Carl-
    Your various wonderful threads have made me aware of the fact that I have not visited this Forum very much. It is an error I will definitely correct. Seeing all of the places that I have only read about has been very informing. Your threads have been informative and chilling.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bob, thank you for those kind words. I find myself thanking many of the good folk here on WRF recently, which is a very encouraging sign for me. I appreciate that some of these threads have been read and studied by many people whose opinions I respect and appreciate, and for that I am grateful. Hopefully, I will continue to be able to create informative and interesting threads in the future.

Regards,

Carl

Great work again Doug!!! Amazing to see Heydrichs home!...Talk about a haunt!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Interestingly, the site of the Heydrich home was later to officially become one of the subcamps of KL-Flossenbürg. In February 1944, 15 prisoners of German, Dutch, Czech and Polish descent, all Zeugen Jehovas (Jehovah's Witnesses), were transferred to the site to perform forced agricultural and forestry work. AL-Jungfern-Breschau (Aussenlager J-B), was in place from February 1944 until May 1945. Thirty Jewish forced labourers had also arrived earlier from the Theresienstadt ghetto, also to perform general duties regarding the upkeep of the large grounds. The prisoners were under SS guard, yet no deaths were recorded. The Bibelforscher Häftlinge (Bible student prisoners), who were also forced labour workers, originally came from KL-Sachsenhausen.

This thread addresses the sub-camp further: AL-Jungfern-Breschan

Regards,

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 01-18-2014 at 11:16 AM.

They didn't exactly slum it did they, great photos!..

?

Quite interesting Carl, thanks for sharing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast