Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'

Article about: and Finally.... Of course I couldn't visit a site like this without coming away with a few relics dor around and under the ruins. If this had been in any other Country this aite would have b

Default Re: Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'

and Finally....
    Of course I couldn't visit a site like this without coming away with a few relics dor around and under the ruins. If this had been in any other Country this aite would have been a museum where an admission was charged. But being Germany it's hidden away and hushed up. When I initially arrived in the village I was told by the locals there was nothing left to be seen, but I didn't give up. After all I thought how could they get rid of several hundred tonnes of reinforced concrete thats up a hill, anyway I think the pic's prove the point.
    I was only there a few hours and spent most of my time running around looking for picture matches, but as I said I did get a few momento's.
    Picture 48 shows a few pieces of the bunker, Picture 49 shows tethering hooks used to hold the camo netting. For my next find I'll refer you back to picture 28 notice the chicken wire camo screen. this find of chicken wire picture 50 came from that area it was screwed up in the roots of a large tree. Picture 51 was another clump found in the same area, just a small part was sticking out of the ground. I have unravelled this piece. These day old style German chicken wire is reproduced and sold (not cheap) for re enactors to put on their helmets so its nice to know I have an original piece that was actually used to protect the Fuhrer in his Felsennest, good provenance Id say.
    Picture 52 is my favourite find, a large gauge piece of communication wire. Makes you think what messages and orders were passed down this line or who perhaps even spoke down it?. Picture 53 is a close up showing the variety of strands.
    A mixed lot of metal is what picture 54 shows including door hinges, a lock and a door lock with original handles, again I wonder who touched these?. Picture 55 shows the door lock and handles notice the unusual key hole. The single lock picture 56 has the same type of unusual key hole.
    Picture 57 shows a water tap and picture 58 a fragment of quality china with gold edging which is sadly unmarked together with a shard of a sink or toilet. Picture 59 shows the springs and chain links from either an easy chair or bed.
    and my final find picture 60 is of a lid to some sort of ammo box? it still has traces of blue grey perhaps Luftwaffen paint left on it, perhaps its left over from air defence.
    I hope you enjoyed.
    All the Best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'   Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'  

Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'   Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'  

Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'  

Really fascinating story, and solved a mystery in my photo album, your number 19 photo! I picked up another original Heinrich Hoffmann photo from the same roll of film 25 years ago in London.
    I am not sure I am posting it in the correct forum but I am putting up 2 scans the front and the name list I have from those I identified in the photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'   Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'  

Simply enjoy is a vast understatement Luckystrike. The story of your journey and photos was superb. Thank you very much for sharing. You've got a nice photo of some onery raschals Soldierblu.

Jay

Hi Soldierblu, There are four names on my list that you haven't got but I'm affraid Im not sure who they are in the picture. They are Obersturnannfuhrer Dr Karl Brandt, Fregattenkapitan Katl Jesko Von Puttkamer, Dietrichs Adjutant Oberbannfuhrer Heinz Lorenze and Ordonnanzoffizier Hanageorg Schulze. On your list you have a christian name missing for Oberst Rudolf Schmundt and my list does not show Eric Kempka as being present.
    I hope this helps.
    All the Best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Wow,almost as good as going there myself,what a terrific thread. thanks mr strike!

great detective work and outstanding pics,,,

LUCKYSTRIKE, outstanding thread, I greatly enjoyed reading this great piece on a relatively undiscused FHQ. Your now & then photos are as good as any published in 'After the battle' magazine !......A quality thread, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Guys for your kind comments.
    I enjoy the challenge of finding the right spot to take picture comparisons. It's an objective when I visit a site to try to take as many picture matches as I can. Not only do I end up with an interesting photo album to share I also find it easier to understand the history of the place, it sort of helps take you back to that time.
    All the best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Thumbs up Re: Hitlers Headquarters 'FHQu Felsennest'

Hi, great photos.

Dave.
    Last edited by Bunghole; 03-10-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Hi Dave,
    Ive sent you a pm.
    Cheers
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast