Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

HMS Belfast, London.

Article about: This morning I took the train into London to see the HMS Belfast. What an amazing day. Am going to upload photos throughout the evening, not a whole lot of info and comments, just photos, so

Default Re: HMS Belfast, London.

Actually, FB, these coats were horrible to touch, very.... crisp and stiff, not a pleasure to wear at all. But if they kept the crew warm, then god bless the coats.
    The plane was delayed but we made it to Denmark on time. Perhaps I am going to upload more photos tonight.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Thanks. We look forward to your images and enjoy them very much. Stezelberger in the US has a lot of KM stuff for sale, including how to run submarines and such. I will forward you the link....

Thank you, will look forward to it. Am however saving (for items from the SoS), but links are always welcome
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Here we go.

Sailmaker's shop, the canteen, the butcher and so on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HMS Belfast, London.   HMS Belfast, London.  

HMS Belfast, London.   HMS Belfast, London.  

HMS Belfast, London.  
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-04-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

More.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HMS Belfast, London.   HMS Belfast, London.  

Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

You look far superior than these comical wax figures. I imagine where they found the prototypes. Donnerwetter, this is my 10,000 post.
    Here are some prototypes. HMS Belfast, London.HMS Belfast, London.

The old wooden chair had all sorts of marks and scuffs which truly made it unique. Think about it, where it has been, what it has seen?
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

A few bits and pieces from the Duke of York (part of a taskforce which made contact with the German battleship Scharnhorst, sistership of Gneisenau) as well as a KM hat; I do not think this is the real thing, to me the hat eagle looks strange, I do not like the edge on it. But phew, not important

HMS Belfast, London.  
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-04-2013 at 04:10 AM.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

FB, congratulations on reaching the milestone. Here's to 10,000 more

Best,

Carl

One of many turrets on board.

HMS Belfast, London.  
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast