Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

HMS Belfast, London.

Article about: This morning I took the train into London to see the HMS Belfast. What an amazing day. Am going to upload photos throughout the evening, not a whole lot of info and comments, just photos, so

Default Re: HMS Belfast, London.

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    FB, congratulations on reaching the milestone. Here's to 10,000 more

Best,

Carl
    Thanks, dear friend, in such good company the project is a pleasure. Best wishes for your research and thanks to you and your chums here for all the fine labor.
    Warm thanks to Christina, too, for having greatly added to the culture and civilization of this site. I notice, too, that we are beating the traffic on the competition, especially with outside persons.....

Last but definitely not least comes a selection of photos taken below the waterline; the turbines, the boilers and the heart of HMS Belfast, her engines. Lots of asbestos down there, too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HMS Belfast, London.   HMS Belfast, London.  

HMS Belfast, London.   HMS Belfast, London.  

HMS Belfast, London.  
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-04-2013 at 04:03 AM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

much more aesthetic and pleasing to my eye than my ding bat iphone or the other throw away things that plague us....I love late 19th and early 20th century machines. But you cannot look at all of this and not think of how men died in battle in such surroundings, which is all the more reason for our interest in such objects.

A few more from engine room and repair shop.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HMS Belfast, London.   HMS Belfast, London.  

HMS Belfast, London.  
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Superb photos Chris, thanks for sharing.

Quick question...

In post no.13, second picture down, did I see Ben Affleck fresh from shooting "Pearl Harbor"...?
    I´m sorry for my late reply.
    In fact, I have never seen that film.. and Ben Affleck does not interest me at all. No, give me mr. Glenn Miller, please!
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Save your time Chris, you aren't missing anything worthwhile!

Regards,

Carl

Thank you! I will then dedicate my time to Das Boot and German films about U-boots instead.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

and watch Noel Coward's In Which We Serve, too. It is a wonderful film.

Hi Chris, thanks for a nice thread. I enjoyed the pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is a great little boat
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast