Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

HMS Belfast, London.

Article about: This morning I took the train into London to see the HMS Belfast. What an amazing day. Am going to upload photos throughout the evening, not a whole lot of info and comments, just photos, so

Default Re: HMS Belfast, London.

I have never had a proper look around it, despite having been aboard on May 9th for the past three years. Been too busy talking with the Veterans.

The thought of going to war at sea fills me with dread and I have the highest respect for the men that did.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    It is a great little boat
    It used to be bigger but with the over development of the surrounding area and the buildings getting ever taller it now looks very small........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

There are certain parts of the ship that gave me a feeling of fear. Actually, as we were walking down the ramp I asked my English collector friend and co-photographer if he had noticed the sad looks on people's faces as they were leaving the ship? No he said. When we left, I realised that I had the same look on my face. It really made me think. Respect is a proper word for this. Never forget.
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-04-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

great thread and great pics ,that cat is the double of my flecky cat , rgds Dave

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The thought of going to war at sea fills me with dread and I have the highest respect for the men that did.
    Indeed. Exploring the deep bowels of a warship, one cannot help but imagining what it must have felt like in the hot, noisy pandemonium of a fierce battle, or worse yet, after an artillery- or torpedo hit, with lights going out and water breaking in... A feeling that is even more intense when moving through the claustrophobic, cramped confines of a submarine.

Speaking of submarines, or German U-boots in general, moving through the U 995 always fills me with cold dread. An iron casket to be quite honest. I have the greatest respect for the men who served and who perhaps gave their lives that way, be it allies or enemies, they all died for the cause which was right to them at that time in history.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

I agree. I will never forget the feeling, when I was lucky enough to enjoy several tours of U-534. Incredible, I really have the utmost respect for all who were at sea during the period.

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Great photos Christina.
    I didnt get inside of the ship.
    I only stood on the other side of the river, next to the tower of london.
    The only photos i have from the HMS Belfast were taken from there.
    Thank you for showing the interior.

Cheers
    Nuno
    Nuno, I found this for you. In case you are not familiar with all the museums. Imperial War Museums
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

great Pictures Christina.
    Thanks for sharing.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Very interesting photos and great thread!...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast