Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I finally got to Normandy !!

Article about: Just spent a fantastic week in Normandy including the Falaise 'corridor of death'. Took a few then & now pics too ! Nick

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I know Paul very well, and was with him at the start of his tours when he lived in Coucellette on the Somme
    Nice one, I wasn't aware he lived there, Canterbury now I believe

?

Some excellent images Nick, nicely presented along with the period views.

Well done and thanks.

Carl

MAP
    ?

Very nice. I just watched The Longest Day last night. Perfect timing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by John Brandon View Post

The Falaise museum was one of the best around until it went broke and closed
    You mean the one in the old cheese factory? It didn't go broke but after the death of the owner the whole collection was moved to a brand-new museum (Overlord Museum) on the D514 road, right across the American cemetery above Omaha Beach. The new museum is fantastic too.

glad you enjoyed it Nick.

Here is a shot I took of the front of the bunker in the period photo, also the view from the bunker of the landing beach

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I finally got to Normandy !!   I finally got to Normandy !!  

I finally got to Normandy !!  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Nice one, I wasn't aware he lived there, Canterbury now I believe
    I believe one of our Mods...... Paul D........ works with him

Quote by earlymb View Post
    You mean the one in the old cheese factory? It didn't go broke but after the death of the owner the whole collection was moved to a brand-new museum (Overlord Museum) on the D514 road, right across the American cemetery above Omaha Beach. The new museum is fantastic too.
    That's the one!

I also remember passing many times the Tiger, left at the side of the road near Vimoutiers in the late 70's , Yes it was left there sinking into the bank, and no one took any notice.........if only I could go back in time

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Yes, the Overlord museum was outstanding

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default This bunker in 1968, with paint

Inside one bunker at the pointe du hoc, I found one part of brotbeutel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

excellent! thanks for the trip

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast