Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Iconic Images of the Vietnam war

Article about: After making a thread on images of ww2 I thought I would create one about the Vietnam war as there are many interesting pictures that depict the harsh realities of the conflict. I hope you e

?

Default Re: Iconic Images of the Vietnam war

Creedence Clearwater revival and probably the most famous Vietnam song Fortunate son.

CBH
    ?

Many years ago I saw a group of photos belonging to a Canadian Vietnam vet , he was involved in the Phoenix Program . Sniping and training of mountain tribesmen . He had some amazing photos , large group of tribesmen , all in tiger stripes , his tent with a Canadian flag flying above it , etc . But it was before the digital revolution . And it would have cost big money to get them copied . He did tell me something interesting , he said Canadian volunteers would be put into SF or front line positions because they didn't have to report them as American causalities , so they would make the US papers causality lists . I thought that was very interesting , and I wish i had a copy of his photos !

some awesome footage in this video! the flying car at the start is of note!

Paint it Black - Vietnam War - YouTube

interesting thread!

?

On the topic of Vietnam war music, WOODSTOCK 69

Country Joe Mcdonald, Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana and some hippies

IMO around the time the best music was made
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iconic Images of the Vietnam war   Iconic Images of the Vietnam war  

Iconic Images of the Vietnam war   Iconic Images of the Vietnam war  

Iconic Images of the Vietnam war  

Fantastic pictures thanks for posting.

A few years ago, I went to a concert by the band The Grass Roots. They dedicated their song, "Live For Today" to all of the Viet Nam vets in the audience. It was a very popular song with many of us who were in country at the time.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

NCA
    ?

Some great and haunting images.Thanks for showing.Have you seen these ones? Vietnam Photo Essay by Larry Burrows: ‘One Ride With Yankee Papa 13′ | LIFE.com

A few more and one being a special one of a homecoming!!........The song "One Tin Soldier",, comes to mind.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iconic Images of the Vietnam war   Iconic Images of the Vietnam war  

Last edited by Larry C; 05-26-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Interesting to note, The press photog who won the Pulitzer also wouldn't condemn the summary judgement.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    The " VC insurgent " being shot that seems haunt you was the leader of an execution squad that was assigned to murder the families of high ranking politicians and soldiers . He had murdered his best friends wife and children just hours before. He died way to easy.
    That fact wasn't convenient for the anti war press at the time.
    The folks that are queasy about the facts of war would$hit a brick if I told you how this mixed blood American Indian would have killed him.

You can't forget The Animals "We've got to get out a this place"
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast