Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Iconic Normandy photo's Robert Capa's Then and Now.

Article about: by Adrian I hadn't seen this thread before either, a good set of comparison photos, thanks for taking the time to share them. Blume, do know more about this particular prisoner? Unfortunatel

?

Default Re: Iconic Normandy photo's Robert Capa's Then and Now.

Fair 1 sebfrench76, Im no expert on the subject but what little I have sampled war is a sh*tty business....No body really wins... Terry.

Quote by packin9 View Post
    A very sorry comment.
    LOL, because the SS did so many positive things in France? What would Kurt Meyer do? Hmmmm.....

1. Prior to 7 June 1944, Meyer had incited troops under his command to deny quarter to surrendering Allied soldiers.
    2. On or around 7 June 1944, Meyer was responsible for his troops killing twenty-three prisoners of war at Buron and Authie.
    3. On or around 8 June 1944, Meyer ordered his troops to kill seven prisoners of war at his headquarters at the Abbaye Ardenne.
    4. On or around 8 June 1944, Meyer was responsible for his troops killing seven prisoners of war, as above.
    5. On or around 8 June 1944, Meyer was responsible for his troops killing eleven prisoners of war, as above.

Just sayin...
    Last edited by Good Pwny; 04-27-2012 at 07:38 AM.

?

Quote by packin9 View Post
    A very sorry comment.
    Mate yours is the " very sorry comment " clearly you have no understanding of what a person feels after their country was invaded and occupied by a regime such as Nazi Germany !!

Anyway guys let's not derail this thread from it's original purpose !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Absolutely not offended guys!

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Mate yours is the " very sorry comment " clearly you have no understanding of what a person feels after their country was invaded and occupied by a regime such as Nazi Germany !!

Anyway guys let's not derail this thread from it's original purpose !!

cheers

Paul
    Yes,without turning this into some 'derailed' thread Paul...I DO know what it's like to lose family going over there to bail them out. Mine was NOT a sorry statement. Go visit the cemeteries. You have lots of debate about what is indeed sorry. Ron

?

Actually i've been visiting Normandy and the cemeteries there nearly every year for nearly 20 years together with many other Battlefields and cemeteries across Western Europe both First and Second World war as a result of my families involvement in both wars so i don't need to be told to Go visit the cemeteries , i have !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

What exactly is the problem here? Is someone who lives in a former harshly occupied country supposed to feel sympathy for one of the soldiers who had Done the harsh occupying being taken prisoner?? What sense is there in that? Why is there even a debate on this? This is ridiculous.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Please lets not lose this thread, I find the pictures fascinating and they need to be discussed . The MODs will nuke this thread in a minute

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

What Nick said...exactly.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

They certainly will i'm starting to get very tired by threads being derailed for no good reason other than to create problems !!

Lets move it forward in the correct way please !!

1st July 1916

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast