Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum

Article about: I visited this stretch of the Atlantik wall a number of times, something that thankfully we did not see in Britain. The very large building is an Eboat pen. Some more pics to follow. Regards

Default Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum

I visited this stretch of the Atlantik wall a number of times, something that thankfully we did not see in Britain. The very large building is an Eboat pen. Some more pics to follow.

Regards,

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum   Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum  

Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum   Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum  

Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum   Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum  

Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum

Hi Jerry, awesome photos, some of those bunkers seem abandoned, too bad about the vandalism.
    Its a shame, they should be taken care of.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Fantastic photos mate, it is a shame about the vandalism but unfortunately there are morons around. Thanks for showing them.

Thanks for sharing these photos, Jerry!
    There is an atlantic wall museum here in Belgium (Raversijde), been there a number of times myself. Very interesting.
    Raversijde Domain - Atlantic Wall Museum - Euro-T-Guide - Belgium - What to see - 1

Regards

its a crying shame that there are always these morons that ruin a piece of history brilliant photos though and i spotted this briliant bike in a few of them

tom

Thanks guys & gals, glad you like them. It is a shame about the vandalism, but until recently this was a part of Dutch history about which little interest or care was taken, though that is changing.

And some more, sorry if some of these have been photographed more than once, but I went there a number of times. Sadly I deleted by accident the pictures I took when the museum was open, DOH!!!!

The two motorcycles you see are mine!

Regards,

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum   Ijmuiden Atlantik wall bunkers and museum  

Last edited by Jerry B; 11-03-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thanks for sharing those photographs Jerry, some nice shots there. Shame about the vandalism, the little bastards will try to ruin everything.

Regards,

Carl

Great pictures Jerry!!

The Dragons Teeth are still in good condition and without graffiti!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great photos Jerry, I really enjoyed them. That was a good link also Ingrid.

Jay

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Thanks for sharing these photos, Jerry!
    There is an atlantic wall museum here in Belgium (Raversijde), been there a number of times myself. Very interesting.
    Raversijde Domain - Atlantic Wall Museum - Euro-T-Guide - Belgium - What to see - 1

Regards
    Great to see this, with the guns still insitu, wow!!!

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry