Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Imperial war museum

Article about: Transforming IWM London | Imperial War Museums I just hope that they keep the same amount of artifacts on display. All too often when museums are revamped it means less on display and more &

?

Default Re: Imperial war museum

I must agree with Ade's comment above regarding IWM North. For me, it is a shocking waste of money. Poor decision making on the museum's part, when they spend so much money on their fancy gadgets to display the somewhat limited militaria, instead of improving and enhancing the collection. A great shame, and yet so typical of our time, when those in the know seem to do such a grand job of getting it all wrong.

Regards,

Carl

Quote by davesap250 View Post
    The tank behind all the builders mesh is Montgomerys that he was in in the battle of alamein.
    Do allow me to add an unobstructed view:

Imperial war museum

This museum is definitely on my to do list. I keep telling my wife we have to get to the UK and Germany, there is just so much I want to see. She wants to visit the shops in London so I'll push that angle, it might get me there sooner!

I really did not think that what was on display was poor. Obviously my own opinion!!
    The Lord Ashcroft gallery displaying a large number of VCs was very interesting as well as merobillia in some cases that was associated with that winner. The Holocaust part was very moving and interesting and I think very important to have in place. The part scale model of Aushwitz gave a real sense and understanding of how big the camp was without visiting the place.
    The SOE/secret war was very good as well. There were rooms set off for paintings. SeeING pieces by Nash up close and personnal gave more meaning, feeling and understanding to the picture.
    There was also a section to the current role of the forces in Afghan which I think is important. Finally what I liked most is that there is a back ground to a large majority of the artefacts. You are told where they have come to or who they belong to.........and it's free!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3