Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting war memorial artillery pieces

Article about: Hi All. Well during a during a road trip to a small military and gun show today I stopped at a WW1 and WW2 memorial I havnt seen before to take some photos of the two artillery pieces that w

Default Interesting war memorial artillery pieces

Hi All.
    Well during a during a road trip to a small military and gun show today I stopped at a WW1 and WW2 memorial I havnt seen before to take some photos of the two artillery pieces that were there. Both are quite unusual.
    The first equipment (the larger of the two) is an odd designed Krupp field piece displaying Turkish cypher and markings. This field piece is in remarkable condition, being minus its wooden wheels and a horizontal sliding breech ring. It has a talley plate beneath the muzzle which read as follows:

FRIED. KRUPP ESSBA R. Nn60

The second equipment (inside the square fence) was some kind of mine thrower. It was a fairly substantial type of 'thing', complete with a small trail and metal wheels. It was in reasonable condition, although it had suffered some weather damage. I found no markings whatever apart from the numbers shown which are on top of the barrel but the tube length was about 15" and the calibre was about 3".
    Does anyone have any ideas about the origins of this one?

Thanks Jason
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting war memorial artillery pieces   Interesting war memorial artillery pieces  

Interesting war memorial artillery pieces   Interesting war memorial artillery pieces  

Interesting war memorial artillery pieces   Interesting war memorial artillery pieces  

Interesting war memorial artillery pieces  

?

Most of the old veterans groups and county seats had a great variety of captured and or surrendered field pieces from WW I, including American civil war Cannons. They are numerous in the Area where I am from. I have also seen M4 Sherman tanks and other types of Armored vehicles.