Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese Gun Emplacement photos,, Indonesia

Article about: Hello Gents, I dont know where else to put this as this is the Japanese forum. While I am in Indonesia right now,, I managed to find some down time to edit some photos of a recent visit down

Default Re: Japanese Gun Emplacement photos,, Indonesia

AWESOME stuff, Larry!

?

thx for the close ups Larry............must be a great experience taking a look into the undisturbed past like that..............thx for sharing a little piece with the rest of us

Darren

[QUOTE=Syrinx;694637]thx for the close ups Larry............must be a great experience taking a look into the undisturbed past like that..............thx for sharing a little piece with the rest of us

Darren[/QUOTE

Yeah- I'm looking at this thread and appreciating it again! My uncle was shot down by the Japanese and stuff like this interests me, big time! I have many Japanese friends as well! Also- a few sweet Japanese flags too! I hope to see more pics from you, Larry C.!!!!

I really appreciate the additional pics. I can only imagine being in a place not scathed by tourists. From the pics you took i would totally believe you on the nice surprise awaiting an invasion. I wonder why the tank was moved? Im like you and it doesn't make sense. All them years and then moved... Some people just dont know when to leave things be. Thanks again.

?

Thank you for finding time to post these photos on your vacation, it looks very interesting and i would love to be there with my metal detector.
    The Tank is probably being sold as scrapmetal by some poor people.

Hi Good Pwny,, I wish I had more of the Military aspect of it,,as I do not collect Japanese Militaria,, I am still intrigued by the Pacific campaign. I feel the Kamikaze pilots were a cult,, more so than pilots,, JMO.... After I get home I will post more photos of the vacation.

@ Octavian and TrondK...The tank was seen in Central Java in the middle of the island, which was 2 1/2 hr drive, from Surabaya going west. I think the tank must of been transported inland to make it that far in during the war.,,again..JMO. You are correct as i feel the same way,,the presiding govt. now must of got tired of looking at it and most likely sold it for scrap. This tank was on a concrete stand out side of an Army barracks along side the main road going into Batu. It was fully painted with no rust. From what I remember of it ,, it also had the steel wire apparatus encircling the top of the turret commonly seen with the Type 97.
    I am glad to share with the community and open up one of many closed unfound doors of reclusive military encampments. Its a shame there are many more that are unfound,, and probably will remain that way. Going to Europe and visiting many battle grounds and sites is easy for most collectors and tourist,, ....going to Pacific Rim Countries and finding a site...is a 4 leaf clover. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

nice photos Larry , i'd love a visit out there some day
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Good stuff, just returned from Bali and Gillis myself found the Japanese tunnels up there still with brace still inside one of them, had a pretty crap camera with me but I posted them up on the forum either way.
    Also a cool little japanese wrecked patrol boat that was a great dive at 47m down

?

Thanks for the photos Larry looks like an interesting place to visit! Just a shame it is miles from where I live!!! Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry ,,very scenic and old country style there..here are a few more photos from another location,,which is far from the main city and quite secluded. But yet it has its potential for a landing spot as most of the islands were in this region or within the Japanese reach. There was a odd looking speed boat in the bay which I have never seen anything like it..and also a picture of the city in the early morning hours.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Gun Emplacement photos,, Indonesia   Japanese Gun Emplacement photos,, Indonesia  

Japanese Gun Emplacement photos,, Indonesia   Japanese Gun Emplacement photos,, Indonesia  

Japanese Gun Emplacement photos,, Indonesia  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast