Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Super sub found off hawaii

Article about: kinda neat i had always heard that the japanese subs weren't that great but these seem impressive Japan's WW II super-submarine found scuttled off Hawaii - World - CBC News

Default Japanese Super sub found off hawaii

kinda neat i had always heard that the japanese subs weren't that great but these seem impressive
    Japan's WW II super-submarine found scuttled off Hawaii - World - CBC News

1 and 1/2 times around the World without refueling? Now that Is a big submarine by any standards! I like how the Navy sunk it rather than let the Russians look at it! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

My car only gets 10 miles to the gallon and that thing could go all the way around the world and some on a tank :/

But imagine the cost at the pump to fill it up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Read a book on US subs a while back.

An experienced skipper was charged with sailing that monstrosity home for examination.
    He was not happy about it, but did not go into great detail.

STreaker
    ?

My father was in the Navy and stationed on Guam when the I-400 class boats surrendered. I have several pictures of him on the I-400 in front of the hangar on deck. He toured the submarine and saw a Seiran seaplane dissasembled below decks. He liberated a blue light lens with Japanese writing on it and the number 15. 70 years later I have it and believe it may be one of the few if any remaining Japanese submarine relics.

Quote by STreaker View Post
    My father was in the Navy and stationed on Guam when the I-400 class boats surrendered. I have several pictures of him on the I-400 in front of the hangar on deck. He toured the submarine and saw a Seiran seaplane dissasembled below decks. He liberated a blue light lens with Japanese writing on it and the number 15. 70 years later I have it and believe it may be one of the few if any remaining Japanese submarine relics.
    Can you show us the artifacts, I would like to see it!

Thank you and regards,
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Quote by STreaker View Post
    Like Taka-san said......and also any pictures you may have!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Imperial Japanese Army built a few subs and two anti submarine aircraft carriers. And was the only army in the world at that time to do so.

Type 3 submergence transport vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japanese aircraft carrier Akitsu Maru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also the bombing on the U.S. mainland was conducted by a submarine launched recon float plane.

Lookout Air Raids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers!
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    The Imperial Japanese Army built a few subs and two anti submarine aircraft carriers. And was the only army in the world at that time to do so.

Type 3 submergence transport vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japanese aircraft carrier Akitsu Maru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also the bombing on the U.S. mainland was conducted by a submarine launched recon float plane.

Lookout Air Raids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers!
    Taka
    Very interesting Taka-san. I never knew this about the IJA. Learned something new today. Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast