Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Law's in europe!!

Article about: Can any body tell what is the law when it coms to relic hunt in europe, I understand that every contry has it owns! lets say I took the car and draw to germany whit my meteldetecter to find

Default Re: Law's in europe!!

Very strange ColinD i must admit....but none the less, the law is quite clear in France and there are numerous reports of detectorists being treated very severely.

Of note was the site someone posted up a week or two back of a French site showing finds.......check out the photos as I noticed alot of them were taken in the dark !

relichunter

Eugene Roe
    ?

In Poland, metal detecting is illegal without special govermental permission. So better not to meet police during diggin'. They can confiscate all item and equipment. On the other hand, you must be a totally unlucky guy, to meet police in the middle of the forest But even if, local policemans or woodsmans(they might be a problem too) are very understanding persons

How about Estonia? I'm planning to visit this beautiful country and of course i'm would like to take with me some detector

Cheers

?

In Estonia only in plans to make the detecting forbid, due of some guys destroy medievial cemetrys etc. But till now it's not forbid ( some areas as the Blue hills is digging forbid at all) you can walk in the forest without problem. That is of cause depends of the policemens- not all of them know's the laws and they can confiscate the detector ( as I heard) but if you can explain that you know laws, it's not a problem, I newer met goverment peoples in the forest.
    Also I heard that state security police sometime stops the peoples in the roads near the forest and look what the diggers have inside of the bags, to prevent help to terrorismus. But as far as I know, there no diggers who open explosives to get the "soap", that was a fashionable in Russia in the beginning of 1990's.
    Estonia is very peaceful and quite land...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I knew you'd know Dimas

Thanks

Eugene Roe
    ?

Thanks a lot Dimas! Now, i'm sure i will visit Estonia

Cheers.

3mk
    ?

Eugene Roe,You said metal detecting in Poland is illeagle,But is it illeagle to walk around in a forest and just find some stuff without digging?
    Thanks

Eugene Roe
    ?

Of course it is legal but depends what you finds

Cheers.

3mk
    ?

Thanks do you know any areas in the Zamosc,Krasnystaw area where you can find lots of stuff?2 years ago i tried my grandparents backyard but my grandpa told me the russians cleared everything after the war.
    Thanks!

Eugene Roe
    ?

In Lublin province are many interesting places I think near Zamosc and Krasnystaw might be sth. nice too, but i can't bring back where:/ I'm gonna ask a friend and send you private message. Russians or Polish Army cleared only the wrecks of tanks etc. and mines (not everywhere ) and all depends on where are you digging.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2