Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Malta Trip

Article about: I am off to Malta in a few weeks for a walk around Can anyone recommend places to visit, WW2 related preferably Thanks in advance Cheers

Default Malta Trip

I am off to Malta in a few weeks for a walk around

Can anyone recommend places to visit, WW2 related preferably

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

No one from Malta ????

This should help...
    Malta at War Museum - Home

Lascaris War Rooms - Home

Malta Aviation Museum-Ta' Qali-Malta

National War Museum - Valletta, Malta

And there is plenty of evidence of the bombing to be seen just walking through the streets of Valletta, but there is so much to be seen in Malta, non WW-2 related, that you'd be missing out if you didn't go on a few tours.

Try 'The Pub' in Valleta, Ollie Reed's last drinking hole.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Olive...24718844272966

It's also got a strong connection with the Royal Navy, so there's plenty of RN memorabilia to keep you interested while you blow the froth off a couple of cold ones.

Malta Trip

Malta Trip

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    This should help...
    Malta at War Museum - Home

Lascaris War Rooms - Home

Malta Aviation Museum-Ta' Qali-Malta

National War Museum - Valletta, Malta

And there is plenty of evidence of the bombing to be seen just walking through the streets of Valletta, but there is so much to be seen in Malta, non WW-2 related, that you'd be missing out if you didn't go on a few tours.
    Nice one thanks hucks216

I was aware of some of the museums, but not all of them, I will certainly check these out thanks. I am staying in Valletta, the Hotel overlooks the location of the WW2 Submarine base on Manoel Island which will be interesting.
    I am hoping to see all of the island and hopefully some of the more obscure or not so well known ww2 locations if thats still possible

Cheers

Quote by big ned View Post
    Try 'The Pub' in Valleta, Ollie Reed's last drinking hole.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Olive...24718844272966

It's also got a strong connection with the Royal Navy, so there's plenty of RN memorabilia to keep you interested while you blow the froth off a couple of cold ones.

Malta Trip

Malta Trip

Regards, Ned.
    Nice one Ned, thanks for that, I am staying in Valletta, that will definitely be on the list !!! Have you been yourself ?

Cheers for that, I was not aware of that !

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Nice one Ned, thanks for that, I am staying in Valletta, that will definitely be on the list !!! Have you been yourself ?

Cheers for that, I was not aware of that !
    Yes, but it was pre Ollie's "Exit screen left" so to speak, being back in the summer of '96 IIRC. A friend of mine had property over there where we stayed for a week, but he to has also since joined the ranks of the choir eternal.....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Yes, but it was pre Ollie's "Exit screen left" so to speak, being back in the summer of '96 IIRC. A friend of mine had property over there where we stayed for a week, but he to has also since joined the ranks of the choir eternal.....

Regards, Ned.
    I will bring you back a souvenir Ned !!