Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Militärmuseum Sonntagberg

Article about: hmmm. I will be only 200 km away from the place when I visit my relatives in europe, sounds like a great place to visit.

?

Default Militärmuseum Rosenau am Sonntagberg, Austria

... handguns again, except

pic 6 - Carl Zeiss 2,5x scope for carbine 98k
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärmuseum Sonntagberg   Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

Militärmuseum Sonntagberg   Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

?

pics 1 and 2 - are all variations of the pistol 08 (known as Luger)
    pics 3 - 98k sniper versions
    pics 4 to 6 - machine pistols
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärmuseum Sonntagberg   Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

?

That two long artillery version of the Pistole 08 (Luger) are valid a single posting

... the pistol on top was manufactured by DWM and the pistol below was made by Ortgies at Ehrfurt. So everybody who calls a Pistole 08 an "Luger" is wrong ...
    OK, Georg Luger was the inventor of that pistol ... look at here
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

?

... just to enjoy

?

In our museum you can also have a look on machine pistoles, others than rifles, carbines, pistols and revolvers ... automatic weapons are deactivated, but in original state

?

This is a very rare pistol ... sorry to say that this pistol did'nt belong to the museum, somebody have shown that while I was there. How it would of very importance I've took pics of them ... to see another one is like winning the Loterie twice

This I've found somewhere in the net: I looked for one of these cursed things for over 20 years. It's called a Jager. Designed by Franz Jager of Suhl in 1914 and produced until 1917, the .32 auto Jager is the first known use of stamped parts in a pistol. (excepting the magazine of course) The frame is made from stamped side plates and is held together by pins and screws. Sandwiched between these plates is the backstrap and the front strap/ trigger guard. The slide is stamped too and has a block screwed in the back for support and another block pinned in the front. This front block goes around the barrel and protrudes up through the slide stamping, forming the front sight blade. Inside the slide is a machined block which houses the striker and its spring. It is held in place when the pistol is assembled by another pin passing through the slide stamping. This same pin also gives the slide rigidity. The ejector is stamped too and is pinned to one of the side plates. Nobody knows exactly how many were made but it's in the neighborhood of 13-15 thousand. This particular pistol was made in 1915 and has a holster with it. It doesn't show up very well in the photos, but someone wrote "Nov. 8th 1918" on the inside of the flap. This method of putting the month before the day is distinctly American so it probably relates to a capture date. I included an HK P9S in the pictures for size comparison. I chose this pistol because if its heavy use of stampings for such things as the slide and frame as well as its use of screws holding major parts together and the machined insert in the slide containing the firing pin and spring. These things were considered revolutionary when the P9S was being made. (the example shown is from 1976) However, as the Jager proves, these things were being thought of and refined 61 years prior!! I would not be surprised if I found out that the HK design team studied the Jager during the development of the P9.

?

A few helmets ... looks german ... nope, they are Austrian !

?

This is the 2,7 cm StP Sturmpistole which Adrian has shown us in posting No.5 and was replied in posting No.24 here in that thread

?

pic 1 - that latern would have been called "Spundlaterne" and was used at night while marching in WW I
    pic 2 - this austrian WW I grenade launcher is something like a forerunner of the american M203 grenade launcher

?

... this is the "staff car" of Harry the museums CEO ... if the weather allows, he allways drive from home with his Kuebelwagen

Did you call that stilish ... I do

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast