Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Military identifies remains of 7 Pearl Harbor unknowns

Article about: Military identifies remains of 7 Pearl Harbor unknowns Posted: Mon 8:49 PM, Nov 09, 2015 HONOLULU (AP) - The military says it has identified the remains of seven crew members missing since t

Default Military identifies remains of 7 Pearl Harbor unknowns

Military identifies remains of 7 Pearl Harbor unknowns
    Posted: Mon 8:49 PM, Nov 09, 2015

HONOLULU (AP) - The military says it has identified the remains of seven crew members missing since the USS Oklahoma capsized in the 1941 bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency spokeswoman Maj. Natasha Waggoner said Monday that the military will release the servicemen's names once their families have been notified.

The agency in June began digging up the remains of nearly 400 USS Oklahoma sailors and Marines from a veterans cemetery in Honolulu where they were buried as unknowns. Within five years, officials expect to identify about 80 percent of the Oklahoma crew members now considered missing.

The military says it started the project because advances in forensic science and technology are making identification of remains more possible.

On Monday, officials exhumed the last four of 61 caskets containing the Oklahoma unknowns.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

That is great news William!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

May their souls finally rest in Peace and the family's be able to close the book and have closer on that missing relative and bring them home!! It's been a LONG time coming and still there are so many left to have this home coming. Calm water and clear sky's from this point on. RIP and thank you for your service

Thank You William

SEMPER FI
    Phil

That is good news. The miracles of modern science.........
    Regards,

Steve.