MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

mock up Lancaster pics

Article about: some pics of the lanc and mock up crew East Kirkby A modern day mission: Lancaster bomber crew prepares for action 70 years on in remarkable set of airfield pictures | Mail Online

Default Re: mock up Lancaster pics

Superb pics Dave ! I love the atmosphere of East Kirkby and will be going again soon. I need my fix of the Merlin roar!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Several mates of mine in the pics. Good stuff.

Cheers. Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is a shame that she is not allowed to fly. Would look great and sound amazing flying in the bbmf.
    My gran used to live in Foster Street in the war. She would stand in her yard watching them fly out and say a little prayer. When they came back in they would fly very low getting ready to land

I think they are working on getting her in the air one day! Imagine two lancs flying around Britain !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here are a few pics I took at EK. Also a couple of shots of the relics on display in the hanger

Lancaster Bomber "Just Jane"

Battle Of Britain Scramble - YouTube

?

Excellent pics and a job well done by those in the pics.
    "Attention to detail" would be an understatement.