Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France

Article about: Hi Guys, this is a small museum ran by two French friends of mine. Located in the small town of Le Muy. Liens I have been to it several times over the years and here are a few pics I have ta

Default Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France

Hi Guys, this is a small museum ran by two French friends of mine. Located in the small town of Le Muy.

Liens

I have been to it several times over the years and here are a few pics I have taken.

What is nice is that the vast majority of items all come from the local area or have been donated by Vets that fought there.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France   Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France  

Default Re: Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France

Nose/cockpit section from a CG4A "Waco" glider.

Also shown are some side doors and a Flak vest
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France   Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France  

Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France   Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France  

Painted US Jerrican and Parachute and US M1 helmet with insignia.

British BD blouse and insignia close up.

This was worn by my late friend Mike Compton. He was a Pathfinder for the Invasion of the South of France. Note the US Pathfinder badge his unit was awarded. Mike thought that he bought this bullion version in Italy.

Some British Airborne insignia on show. Parachute wings and Pegasus formation sign.

Note the Union Flag armband worn for the Invasion

Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France   Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France  

British "Escape" compass and Lightweight respirator. The respirator was found in recent years with a dog tag attatched (as per regulation) and the Vet who carried it sent a pic of himself to the museum.

US Paratroopers switchblade "flick knife" named to the Veteran that carried it during the campaign.

US Para display. The black beret was a non regulation item adopted by the US Paras when fighting in the South of France. Note the parachute wings and rank badge worn on the beret

Some superb German helmets. The stick grenades are quite nice too!

I really like the grey overpainted helmet.

Also shown is a "Plain Jane " but honest M42.

In occupied Europe clothing was severly rationed and the ladies of the area took full advantage of the material which dropped on them from the skies!

Here we see dresses made from parachutes and a handbag made from plaited Paracord.

US rations items all ground dug in the hills around the town. Looks like the GI's liked their Nescafe coffee!

British Airborne helmet with leather chinstraps

Medical marked British "CLE" and US "Parapack" drop containers.

Relic Jeep bonnet found in a tree a only a few years ago!

?

Exellent Ade where exactly is Le Muy ? I really love that grey painted M42 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast