Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium

Article about: Together with the 'Guardian' we leave the 19th century and we move into 20th century and the horrors of WWI:

Default Re: Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium

Thanks for that Nick , what a place , awesome , cheers Raymond

ace
    ?

Default Re: Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium

what an amazing place so much history all in one place excellent

Always loved the place! But I prefered the II WW display in the old days. It was in those oak vitrines as the pre WWI Belgian uniforms are in.
    There was no order ...evrything was mixed and they still had von Rundstet's personal gun ....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks for sharing the images with us Nick, another great tour of an amazing museum, that German motorcyclist isn't having a good day at all !

What am amazing collection of Pickelhaubes and other Imperial headgear items, in fact it is all gobsmacking!

Best wishes

Bob

woodhatcher
    ?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Thanks for sharing the images with us Nick, another great tour of an amazing museum, that German motorcyclist isn't having a good day at all !

What am amazing collection of Pickelhaubes and other Imperial headgear items, in fact it is all gobsmacking!

Best wishes

Bob
    These are not all the pickelhaubes.
    More then the halve of their pickelhaubes collection is stored away in the basement.

Kind Regards Vincent

?

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    The end

When seeing this review keep in mind that I only showed you 5% of the actual collection that is on display. I spent six hours there and I still haven't seen it all. At the end I yust wanted to go home. So if you are planning to visit this museum remember to go early in the morning. And did I allready say that the entrance is FREE? They also have the biggest collection of Imperial Russia militaria in europe, a must see for everyone...

I give this museum a 10/10.

I hope you enjoyed this review.
    Yours truly

Nick VR

Oh I enjoyed it for sure.. I like it
    And this fascinating Museum is free? Very fine.
    In Germany this would be all but impossible.
    Thx for sharing these photos

Hi Zimbo

Yes the entrance is free...

Greetz

Nick VR

I like the heads of the dummy's (modern one's)! Very natural.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Nick,

Thanks for posting this fastastic photographic journey to a must see Museum!

Regards,

Joel

Don't know if thise link has being posted, I just came on it.
    BrusselsPictures.com Musée royal de l’Armée

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast