Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.

Article about: Hi, I just want to show some pictures from our nearby Atlantic Wall Museum in Hanstholm(DK)...Museumscenter Hanstholm ...there was exciting visit this weekend. This weekend "Rommel"

The officers and adjutant look great. Especially the adjutant with the briefcase. Nicely done. NH

Quote by Replace View Post
    Hi SK,

Thanks for the kind words.

Today I talked to the reenactors which was "Rommel and his staff" - the GFM-uniform is re-pro

The museum is GREAT! ...and most certainly worth a visit.
    The complex consists of 455 constructions, of which 237 is heavy(ständige) bunkers.
    ...and covered an area of 9 square kilometers.
    6000 german soldiers manned the fortress.

Regards
    Replace
    Hi Replace! You are very welcome. Shame it's a re pro. I would really like to visit the museum. ( it is great)

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Kind regards SK

Hi,

Here is an aerial movie of the "Hanstholm I"(17cm battery), at Museumscenter Hanstholm...Batteri Hanstholm - redigeret udgave - 2. udgave on Vimeo

Museumscenter Hanstholm consists of "Hanstholm I"(17cm battery) and "Hanstholm II"(38cm Battery).
    The two batteries is build right up against each other.

Fantastic area to walk in - close to the ocean.

Regards
    Replace

Hi,

Visited the museum today, to take some pictures for you guys.

The museums-bunker is just one out of four 38cm bunkers in the Battery "Hanstholm II"
    There are 250-300meters between the four 38cm bunkers - they are connected by railroad(for ammunition).
    ...between the 38cm bunkers there are some very big ammunition-bunkers, also connected by the railroad.

Each 38cm bunker covers an area of 3000 square meters.

....more pictures to come.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.   Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.  

Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.   Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.  

Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.   Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.  

WOW!!! great looking Museum.
    And The Rommel Reenactment looks like it was the best of all.
    Thanks for sharing these with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Very nice. Some pics remind me of "Olsen Banden"(Gæt hvilke LOL)

I also remember i had a very long discussion that turned into an argument here, with a Romanian guy in Denmark digging around the Bunker Museum. Told him it was illegal and he denied that.

Great thread mate

Vh, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Very nice. Some pics remind me of "Olsen Banden"(Gæt hvilke LOL)

I also remember i had a very long discussion that turned into an argument here, with a Romanian guy in Denmark digging around the Bunker Museum. Told him it was illegal and he denied that.

Great thread mate

Vh, Lars
    ...I think I know what pictures you are thinking about...GREAT movie "Olsen Banden i Jylland"
    Down in the bunker there is a room which is only about this movie - unfortunately I did not take pictures in this room.

Regards
    Replace

Hi Replace, as usual an excellent posting. The shear labour force to construct this installation must have been colossal and very expensive.
    The airborne video was a nice touch, technology these days moving so fast ( bloody aliens interfering ) LOL
    Thanks again for sharing and taking the time to upload the pis.

Regards SK

...more pictures.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.   Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.  

Museumscenter Hanstholm - Atlantic Wall Museum.  

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Hi Replace, as usual an excellent posting. The shear labour force to construct this installation must have been colossal and very expensive.
    The airborne video was a nice touch, technology these days moving so fast ( bloody aliens interfering ) LOL
    Thanks again for sharing and taking the time to upload the pis.

Regards SK
    Thanks for the kind words

There was used 187707m3(kubic meters) of concrete to build this fortress - so yes, very colossal an very expensive!

Regards
    Replace

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast