Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force

Article about: I thought the story had ended there, but two years ago I was contacted by the daughter of one of Sid's crewmates who died with him on that ill fated flight. Enclosed with the email was a sub

Default Re: My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force

Bring this old thread back up as I have now got a new photo of Sid via my relatives in Canada.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Another pic sent from Canada.

Here Sid and some of his comrades attend a wedding at North Battleford. The summer weight uniforms are interesting to see.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Bring this old thread back up as I have now got a new photo of Sid via my relatives in Canada.

Cheers, Ade.
    Nice pic (and nice thread actually). Presumably he would be wearing the RAF cap badge with the 'Yukon' Cap. That's an interesting combination.

Are your relatives in North Battleford? I was there just a few months ago for a Highland Dancing competition

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks.

I expect he wore the RAF cap badge.

Most of the family live around Rockglen.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, this is a great thread. Thank you very much for taking the time to post all of this. Sid would be proud!

Great stuff Ade, I find family stories fascinating, history really comes alive.

?

just read the thread and its amazing how much you can find out through research and "luck" with relatives .

nice work Aide, you have a good collection of info and pics

Bringing this old thread back up again as tonight I have been contacted by another family who lost a relative in this ill fated crew. Hopefully more to come!

Cheers, Ade.

I can now reveal that the family who have contacted me (and joined the forum) are relatives of:

Flight Sgt Maurice John Hargrave JERRARD - 1339621

He can be seen here standing in the middle on the back row (with the Pilot's wings)

He was the co pilot during their last ill fated flight.

Cheers, Ade.

As I was at the RAF Museum Hendon yesterday, I thought that I would add these pics of their Sunderland Mk V Flying Boat to this thread. The beauty of this exhibit is that you are allowed to walk through the aircraft's fuselage.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force   My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force  

My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force   My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force  

My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force   My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast