Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My trip to Gallipoli and the Dardanelles

Article about: Thanks Luke No I didnt mate, I wasnt there long enough sadly I saw an amazing 3D film in a cinema with movement and smells of the sea battles from the view of a British battleship, it was ju

Default Re: My trip to Gallipoli and the Dardanelles

Some of my wifes images
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My trip to Gallipoli and the Dardanelles   My trip to Gallipoli and the Dardanelles  

My trip to Gallipoli and the Dardanelles   My trip to Gallipoli and the Dardanelles  

My trip to Gallipoli and the Dardanelles   My trip to Gallipoli and the Dardanelles  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Some great pics-looks like a heck of a road trip vacation! (or "Holiday" as the Sassenach say... ) And, yes-the black and white photo is almost certainly Anzac beach, but before the main coastal road was cut in, from the looks of it. A slightly different angle and abit closer in the colored one, but if it isn't the same beach, it could certainly be it's twin!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes mate It's ANZAC Cove.
    As William noted the colour shot show's the rather controversial Anafartlar road that was cut around the beach a few years back.
    Nice images all Nick.
    I'm like many Australians and would love to be there one ANZAC day for the dawn service.There and Isurava in PNG are the two places I must visit before my time is up.
    Cheers all
    Dave

Thanks for the confirmation guys

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice thread, thanks Nick
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3