Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My Trip to Germany

Article about: More to come

?

Default re: My Trip to Germany

More great photos Nuno! Do they give tours through the flak towers? That would be a most interesting experience!

Cheers, Edwin

Thats it for the SS Garage
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Trip to Germany   My Trip to Germany  

?

Oh, and by the way..great job on the photos of the 40x8 rail cars. These, by the looks of the age must be the original ones used to haul the people? Ive read many books on this subject and was a gruesome means of transport. Packed so tight the dead stayed standing. Its good to see they have preserved some so that it will never be forgotten.

Regards, Edwin

great post.keep posting

Quote by ehawk View Post
    Oh, and by the way..great job on the photos of the 40x8 rail cars. These, by the looks of the age must be the original ones used to haul the people? Ive read many books on this subject and was a gruesome means of transport. Packed so tight the dead stayed standing. Its good to see they have preserved some so that it will never be forgotten.

Regards, Edwin
    One of the guides confirmed that the wagon is an original one left behind, about the flaktower in hamburg center, all i know is that it was transformed into an office building, and the top floor into a night club.
    The only flaktower i know that has tours is the last surviving one in berlin.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Very Nice. I as well enjoyed seeing the Flak towers. The SS garage was neat too. Im suprised the camps wooden fence was not rotted to the ground by now. Looks like you had a fun trip. I always find these vacation photos cool because I have yet to go many places myself, so it gives me a chance to see new things. Thanks for posting them

Schiffer Military history puts out a great book "The Flak Towers in Berlin, Hamburg and Vienna, 1940-1950 by Michael Foedrowitz, ISBN:0-7643-0398-8, $13. It is packed with info, photos and makes great reading, more details than I want to know, or more than I can understand without going to the towers with the book in hand. I have looked for the Hamburg towers but I never had enough time to succeed, Maybe the next time!
    thanks for the photos.
    Jagdhorn

A nice trip with many pictures and many items for your collection Nuno
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Still in neuengamme camp, but now the furnace building, where most of the weapon manufacturing was made
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Trip to Germany   My Trip to Germany  

My Trip to Germany   My Trip to Germany  

My Trip to Germany  

More

My Trip to Germany  

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast