Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

My Trip to Germany

Article about: More to come

Default re: My Trip to Germany

Now on to one of the main prisoner housing buildings. This particular one was where most of the british pows where housed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Trip to Germany  

The interior
    Lets start with the basement, where the pows and other prisoners where sent in case of an air raid
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Trip to Germany   My Trip to Germany  

My Trip to Germany   My Trip to Germany  

My Trip to Germany  

Ground floor, one of the wooden main gates and a concrete post can be seen here
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Trip to Germany   My Trip to Germany  

Sketch of the area
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Trip to Germany  

[QUOTE=NunoGTI;248173]One of the guides confirmed that the wagon is an original one left behind, about the flaktower in hamburg center, all i know is that it was transformed into an office building, and the top floor into a night club.
    The only flaktower i know that has tours is the last surviving one in berlin.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers.

There are two still stanging but empty in Vienna also! Great thread Nuno, Its fascinating to see these images

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

prisoners personal belongings, this is probably the most depressing part, seeing all that was left behind.

My Trip to Germany  

More

My Trip to Germany  

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
    Rudy

More personal items

My Trip to Germany  

[QUOTE=Stickgrenade;248201]
    Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    One of the guides confirmed that the wagon is an original one left behind, about the flaktower in hamburg center, all i know is that it was transformed into an office building, and the top floor into a night club.
    The only flaktower i know that has tours is the last surviving one in berlin.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers.

There are two still stanging but empty in Vienna also! Great thread Nuno, Its fascinating to see these images

Nick
    Thank you for the kind words, it was even more fascinating to be there and seeing all these by your own eyes.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast