Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

My Trip to Germany

Article about: More to come

Default re: My Trip to Germany

No prob i'll do it for you
    My Bar
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Excellent thread with some very good photos. I like the flak tower ones best myself. Thank you for showing them all

?

I feel a holiday to Germany/Berlin/Hamburg is going to be on the cards!
    Great set of photos mate

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

i love your pics. i am so excited to see them, i want so frigin bad to go there, im in america and i have not check for prices i bet they are terible indeed. i will go some day it is a wonderfull land, i love the history, now is there any were were it looks like old germanww11 era?? i understand it was bombed very bad, can you tell me what kind of tour to go on, im into all and any ww11 histoy, i will even want to check out lil remains! also, did you get any goodies, and if so were they plentifull? most respectfull frauline nie!

Gentlemen,

I dont know why you see some insults in my thread. I just invited Nuno to reconsider the context of such words and photos, its not a question of freedom of speech its just a question of respect. After if someone want to tattoo a swastika on his forehead and sing das panzerlied I dont care. Lets put it like this, think of a thread showing dead western soldiers in Irak or Afghanistan and the poster of those photos makes an apology of radical Islam under each one of them.

I did not want to be rude or insulting and I think I was not. Cheers

Quote by frauline nie View Post
    i love your pics. i am so excited to see them, i want so frigin bad to go there, im in america and i have not check for prices i bet they are terible indeed. i will go some day it is a wonderfull land, i love the history, now is there any were were it looks like old germanww11 era?? i understand it was bombed very bad, can you tell me what kind of tour to go on, im into all and any ww11 histoy, i will even want to check out lil remains! also, did you get any goodies, and if so were they plentifull? most respectfull frauline nie!

You should go, its a fantastic country, there are plenty of memorials, remains, there are a few but some bunkers are beeing demolished so in few years there may not be much to see. There are plenty of tours to choose from, however i recommend you going in summer due to most of the tours beeing closed in the winter, especially in berlin. There are some good shops to buy militaria from. I brought a few things with me.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Quote by jimpy View Post
    I feel a holiday to Germany/Berlin/Hamburg is going to be on the cards!
    Great set of photos mate

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Thank you ian
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    Excellent thread with some very good photos. I like the flak tower ones best myself. Thank you for showing them all
    Thank you mate, my pleasure.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

4md
    ?

nice photos thanks for showing..... makes me want to go to europe, trouble is i would need to travel for a decade to go to all the battlefields i would like to see

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Thank you mate, my pleasure.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Nuno, after seeing your photos of the flak tower, I had a chat with a friend of mine, ex-German army, who lives in Hamburg. He sent me a couple of links that you also may be interested in concerning these towers:-

Bilder aus unserer Flakturmzeit in Hamburg

the next link is more connected to bunkers rather than the flak towers:-

www.7grad.org - Bunker in Muenster

Cheers, Shadow Wolf.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast