Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

My visit to Northern France, WW1 sites and a mad dash around Europe in a day including Malmedy!

Article about: I'm just back from a very short break to Northern France, an area I have never visited before. I had two full days to pack in as much as possible and I think I achieved my goal! This thread

Default Re: My visit to Northern France, WW1 sites and a mad dash around Europe in a day including Malmedy!

Thank you for that (words fail me) incredible trip and such photos we would haver never seen were it not for you.I was really taken aback by the WW1, WW2, cemetaries and my lord all those brave souls who died on those horrible battle fields.I served three years in the army and i did not ever fire a shot in battle.To the horrors of combat i salute all the men and woman who served in all the wars.Rest In Peace! Carl

?

Default Re: My visit to Northern France, WW1 sites and a mad dash around Europe in a day including Malmedy!

Thank you Adrian for going to such effort to share your trip with us.

Respectfully,

CMH

?

Wow, nice docmentation of your trip. Should you have another planned, let us know, perhaps a couple of us could make arrangements to join you.
    A shared interest makes these sort of trip much more enjoyable.

?

Quote by Simon2 View Post
    Wow, nice docmentation of your trip. Should you have another planned, let us know, perhaps a couple of us could make arrangements to join you.
    A shared interest makes these sort of trip much more enjoyable.
    Thanks for your comments guys, glad to share the trip with you all. A group trip is a good idea, hopefully if logistics, work commitments etc work favourably it might just happen!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

This book may be of some interest: "Fields of War" Fifty key battlefields in France and Belgium 2009 Mueller, Robert.
    He includes a bit of battle background, and gives directions and description of current monument and cemetaries.
    Starts at the 100 Year War, but over half is WWI.

The monuments and cemeteries are breathtaking in pictures alone. The bright green grass against the white stones surrounded by blue sky, I don't know how you can put that into words; maybe you just can't. I can only imagine the overwhelming feeling one must get when they view such places in person and set foot on such sacred ground. So many lives cut short, so many fathers, sons and brothers that never returned home, families torn apart, and for what? I hope they know, no matter which uniform they wore, that they have not been forgotten. Thank you for sharing, Adrian!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7