Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

In the news; German Guillotine found

Article about: In Germany probably the guillotine is found that the German resistance fighters Hans and Sophie Scholl were executed on in 1943, by the Nazis. The brother and sister were members of the Whit

Default In the news; German Guillotine found

In Germany probably the guillotine is found that the German resistance fighters Hans and Sophie Scholl were executed on in 1943, by the Nazis. The brother and sister were members of the White Rose resistance group known (White Rose), which consisted of students.

The killing machine was found in the depot of the Bavarian National Museum. It was probably there for decades. "Rumor has it been longer, but we are now pretty sure that this is the guillotine on what Hans and Sophie Scholl were beheaded " says historian Sybe Wartena of the museum.

Previously it was thought that the guillotine was thrown in the Danube River at the end of the war.

'Guillotine Hans en Sophie Scholl gevonden' - Nieuws | Altijd op de hoogte van het laatste nieuws met Telegraaf.nl [Feed]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture In the news; German Guillotine found  

?

that genuinely sends a chill down my spine.

Those German guillotines must have had a pretty heavy blade as they had quite a short drop!...

not nice at all.

Last chap it was used on received a letter as his date with destiny was iminent. He allegedly said "Put it in the basket, i'll read it later...."

Hat...coat....TAXIIIII!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Only Ned!...