Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Normandy holiday cottage..suggestions please?

Article about: Hi All I'm planning a week in Normandy in August, can anyone recommend a nice holiday cottage near to the beaches or battlefield sites please? Thought I would seek a recommendation on here b

Reg
    ?

Default Normandy holiday cottage..suggestions please?

Hi All
    I'm planning a week in Normandy in August, can anyone recommend a nice holiday cottage near to the beaches or battlefield sites please?

Thought I would seek a recommendation on here before the wife finds somewhere boring and miles from places of interest.
    Thanks
    Reg

?

Default Re: Normandy holiday cottage..suggestions please?

This close to the date you might struggle to find a decent place but you could look at www.cheznous.com.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

You could also try la villa gervaiserie.
    I've stayed in the hotel a few times, very nice B&B accomodation. St Vaast is very close for an evening meal and the walks up the beach are great. The owners also have self catering accomodation where I've also stayed many times and even spent Christmas!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Reg
    ?

Thanks Adrian, Ill check them out.

Reg

try ivy house,i think thats on utah beach?

?

Good info to have. I'm planning on a Normandy invasion myself one of these years. I'm not that far away.

I'm late to the thread. I'm a RRPG member and have a place in Normandy. Take a look at www.normandyluxury.com - its at Port en Bessin and a 5 min drive to either Omaha Beach or Arromanches. Also the site of a famous British Commando assault on 7 June 1944. I'm often out there poking around St Lo, the British Baches etc all of which are just a short drive. Will do members of the forum a 10% discount! Billers

Reg
    ?

Hi Billers

Thanks for that, it looks ideal. Ill suggest it later to the good lady, Im making her watch "the Longest Day" this evening to give her an idea of the trip. LOL

Cheers
    Reg

Quote by Reg
    Hi Billers

Thanks for that, it looks ideal. Ill suggest it later to the good lady, Im making her watch "the Longest Day" this evening to give her an idea of the trip. LOL

Cheers
    Reg
    Reg, Band of Brothers and Pacific DVDs in house but she will like the rom com movies too! Ouistreham scenes in Longest Day filmed in Port en Bessin. It's a lovely spot for couples as well as war walking! Just drop me a line if you need to know more. Billers