Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.

Article about: The 45th Infantry Division also solidified the budding carreer of BILL MAULDIN - the Pulitzer prize-winning WWII cartoonist. Great photos Eric, thanks. I love all the ordnance outside, espec

Default Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.

My short trip through the 49th div museum in Oklahoma City sorry for the bad cell pics and I ran out of memory on my card to take more pics inside.
    Before the 1930s, the division's symbol was a red square with a yellow left-facing swastika a tribute to the large Native American population in the south-western United States.

Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 12-15-2011 at 02:25 AM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: Oklahoma 49th div museum.

Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.Oklahoma 49th US Inf Div museum.

Cool pics, Eric! Thank you for sharing!

?

You forgot to mention that its FREE!!! All you guys need to stop and visit while passing through Oklahoma, you can still gossip with the volunteers who work there and most have been there and done that so the tales are never ending. One last bit of bragging, I am the last pilot to fly the UH1/B thats on display there, I went to Delaware in 1982, to pick it up from the National Guard unit there, replaced the fuel control unit, test flew it, then made a flawless trip home back to Oklahoma, was a nice flying old aircraft that met its doom on a pole.

Quote by uh60 View Post
    You forgot to mention that its FREE!!! All you guys need to stop and visit while passing through Oklahoma, you can still gossip with the volunteers who work there and most have been there and done that so the tales are never ending. One last bit of bragging, I am the last pilot to fly the UH1/B thats on display there, I went to Delaware in 1982, to pick it up from the National Guard unit there, replaced the fuel control unit, test flew it, then made a flawless trip home back to Oklahoma, was a nice flying old aircraft that met its doom on a pole.
    That is great to tie some history with the museum with your self you should brag that is awsome. So sad to see them on a pole but better than the scrap yard, I also travel to Sulphur Oklahoma on Biz too it does have a sulphur smell to it. Thanks for the added info good to hear from you.

Eric

Here is a link to it worth a trip to see IMO. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...MKrAOwquencU9g

Eric

Always great to see pics of museums around the world that you might never get to see in person. Thanks for these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Eric for sharing that visit and how cool is it that uh60 was the last pilot?
    It hurt when I traveled that 2,000+ miles a month or so ago and saw many signs along
    the way regarding military museums. But I put myself on a time line so never stopped at
    one. Something I regret very much now.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Hey Eric.
    It is the 45th Division buddy. One of the workhorse Army divisions of WWII and Korea. Had a couple of relatives serve in it.
    They have several Congressional Medals of Honor there, most notable Jack C. Montgomery. A Cherokee Indian. The division had 8 Congressional Medal of Honor recepientants during WWII and 1 in Korea.
    I have spoken with the curator there several times. A Mike Gonzales Maj. US Army retired. A very nice fellow.
    They have a very nice collection of German artifacts including a large variaty of SS items. The 45th was one of the outfits that liberated Dachau and liberated a LOT of SS insignia.

45th your right Steve my bad dont know how I got 49th in my head thanks.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast