Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard

Article about: While visiting the Somme region recently for the 100 year commemorations, I stayed near Amiens for a couple of nights, while there I wanted to visit Amiens Prison and the graves of Group Cap

Default Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard

While visiting the Somme region recently for the 100 year commemorations, I stayed near Amiens for a couple of nights, while there I wanted to visit Amiens Prison and the graves of Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard and his Navigator John Alan Broadley who led the Raid but were unfortunately killed during the attack.

I placed a cross of remembrance at each grave.

I am in contact with Percy Charles Pickard's granddaughter. I took with me some brass trench art style Mosquito models and had her blessing to place one on her grandfather’s grave and take some pictures. I have now sent the model to his granddaughter who is really pleased to be receiving the model

Here are a few pictures.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard   Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard  

Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard   Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard  

Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard   Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard  

St.Pierre Cemetery, Amiens France
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard   Operation Jericho, Amiens Prison. Group Captain Percy Charles Pickard  

I had the film in BW on the raid(vhs), I don't have it in this time!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Well done !

Great pics

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

There is another film in color with David Mc Callum.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    I had the film in BW on the raid(vhs), I don't have it in this time!
    Hi
    Was it an actual film on the raid or b/w footage from the raid, I have seen short clips

Cheers

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Well done !

Great pics

Nick
    Thanks Nick.

?

A fine gesture, well done.

very thoughtful of you.

?

Very kind of you friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast