Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

our day out on merseyside

Article about: thanks sean it would be good for you to re-visit i remember the sub as you described too ,can i just say you liverpudlians have some great qualities everyone we spoke too was very friendly a

thanks sean it would be good for you to re-visit i remember the sub as you described too ,can i just say you liverpudlians have some great qualities everyone we spoke too was very friendly and courteous and of course witty ,its a breath of fresh air from where we come from .we wanted to pop into the adelphi but didnt have enough time as the last ferry was unfortunately at 4pm i believe winston churchill once stayed there
    Regards James

?

That looks like a great trip and that's a fantastic museum. I love the displays.

thank you patrick
    Regards James

?

Thanks for the pictures friend.

?

Thanks "Skipper" for the pic's of the U boat and the other items recovered. I don't get to see many of those here across the pond. It looks like Daddy's little princess had a great time!!! Way to go Dad!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Excellent thread James...Pity you couldn't get time off work I could have learnt a lot more from you! As I didn't know the church was in town I would have liked to visit that but hey ho what can you do!!..I think it is great that you drag your daughter along as well, she will learn so much from these trips got to be better than sat in front of a computer like a lot of kiddies do now days.So thanks for the photos. Cheers Terry.

P.S you are saluting with the wrong hand!!!..I think they might have made you walk the plank for that..lol.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    P.S you are saluting with the wrong hand!!!..I think they might have made you walk the plank for that..lol.
    I thought it was a Benny Hill tribute!!!LMAO!!!!!!!

SF
    Phil

?

James, Thank you for the lovely words about my home town. Were not a bad bunch! Shame you didn't get to visit the adelphi. I never knew that Winston Churchill had stayed there! If you come down again you should visit the new Liverpool history & Maritime museum as well, They are fantastic not to mention free! Cheers, Sean.

your very welcome steve its always nice to share experiances with other fellow forum members who might just not be able to visit ,if you ever cross the pond its worth a having a look ,also liverpool was known as the gateway to the america's back in the day ,thanks phil yes she did mate ,i was in good hands and wasnt allowed to dwell to long at the displays "cmon dad lets go "was mentioned a few times ,but she was good as gold on the whole ,thanks terry trust you to notice my salute it was a bit tounge in cheek benny hill stylie i agree and id did feel a bit of an idiot ,but it put a smile on my daughters face, the missus went too ,she just looks nods and then looks for the gift shop ,sean your very welcome ,credit when due my friend ,your hospitality is second to none ,here's a couple more pictures ,as you can see im in worse shape than the u boat our day out on merseysideour day out on merseysideour day out on merseyside
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    it really was fascinating to see the workings of the u boat and how hard the conditions were for the crew ,on further inspection i was surprised at the amount of timber sheeting and formers used and still visible within the hull sections it was very well preserved considering also the amount of cloth/rubberised electrical cabling present too in good condition,the superficial exterior is showing a fair amount of corrosion thoughAttachment 681093Attachment 681094Attachment 681095Attachment 681096
    Yep, sooner them than me mate!....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2