Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Article about: by Larry C Amazing stuff Ade!! ... How many enigma machines were there? Regards Larry Hi Larry, I only saw the one there if I remember correctly. Bletchley Park has several on display there.

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Collaboration and resistance is shown via these exhibits.

The fez is of course very well known and worn by Bosnian Muslins in the 13th SS Gebirgs Div.

The Cossack national dress was worn by a Russian officer, Lt Alexey Vasilievitch Boichevsky, who was part of the Cossack Corps under General Helmuth Von Pannwitz.

Much lesser known will be the Greek ELAS partizan uniform worn by a German Communist, Erwin Bartz, who fought in their ranks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Here we have selections of Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes.

Now sadly I could not get inside the display case to photograph them, so you are going to have to excuse the lousy quality of pics taken through the glass.

Some of these were donated by the Veterans who originally won them.

The Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes mit Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten was simply stunning....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Wonderful photos. I am almost drooling on the laptop when i am staring at the Tcherkassa and the Bashilyk.

Thank you very much for sharing!

My pleasure. I love foreign volunteer items almost as much as you do my friend.

OK Guys, that's all for tonight, but more to come!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks so much for posting these Ade, I love the fact this is displayed so well in Germany!

Can't wait to see more!

A quick few pics while I eat my breakfast, more tonight.

A greatcoat worn by Hermann Goring!

Wow...Goering's coat and a case full of Ritters-including a diamond set. I could live quite comfortably for the rest of my days on the proceeds from just these 2 small displays....Amazing stuff!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Remains of Seehund mini submarine.

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast