Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Article about: by Larry C Amazing stuff Ade!! ... How many enigma machines were there? Regards Larry Hi Larry, I only saw the one there if I remember correctly. Bletchley Park has several on display there.

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Heer piped tunic. This was named and the caption explained how he never really got to wear it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

KM Bordmütze: this example was worn by a Female helper: her tunic was also displayed but I just could not get a decent shot of it due to the lighting on the glass.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Now a few items all with U Boat connections.

The leather jacket, which Lez remarked was a good big sized chest for a submariner, was rather nice. It served the owner after the war as his everyday jacket. See the pic of him wearing it in civvies. Collectors always need to bear in mind the post war clothing shortages. Stuff got used!

The odd looking items are actually apples: these were recovered from a sunked U Boat, if memory serves me correctly, they were from the Seehund mini sub I showed earlier.

The famous Enigma machine really needs no caption from me. Note this is the special KM four rotor wheel version.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

great Museum!!!!!

Staying on the KM theme, a flag made by the crew of a Minesweeper as the ships own personal ensign. I rather liked this.

Neger mini sub

V2 Rocket motor combustion chamber, behind it is the wing of a US P47 Thunderbolt and a German searchlight

Some Fallschirmjager items.

Kreta award plaque

The boots appear to have been re-soled. No groove around the heel.

The caption to this read Fallschirmjager Germany 1941: really should read 1943 or 1944 with this pattern of Sumpftarnmuster smock..The eagle on the smock appeared to be reapplied.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

12th SS Panzer Division "Hitlerjugend" display.

Note the SS Panzer Officers Feldmuetze but in Heer M38 pattern cut. Not unknown of course, but still worthy of note. My nose was firmly stuck up against the glass looking at this. Black U Boat leathers as favoured by some members of the Division.

Seen in the rest of the cabinet, Goliath, British Welbike, Browning .50 cal MG, German made Churchill Tank recognition model, Bouncing Betty anti personel mine, etc.

SS Totenkopf-Standarte 1 "Oberbayern" cuff title.

Not captioned as such and this really needs to altered, as they had it as worn by members of the "Totenkopf" Division. It was, but that was not what it was designed for.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast