Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Article about: by Larry C Amazing stuff Ade!! ... How many enigma machines were there? Regards Larry Hi Larry, I only saw the one there if I remember correctly. Bletchley Park has several on display there.

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

"Der Fuhrer" tunic.

Important info re this, the tunic is a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

This device allowed a rifle to be fired from a safe position inside a trench. Imperial in date.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Now we have an ULTRA RARE item. The Panzerfaust 150m. Few were made late in the war. Very few survive today.

As partly shown in the previous pic, silencers for the K98. Rare kit....

Ok Guys, that is your lot for tonight.

I wil be posting more tomorrow night. Some more ultra rare ordnance to come!

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, great pics again!

Thanks Dave, showing these to you all is my pleasure and brings back fond memorires of our trip. We spent the best part of a day in the museum and it was nowhere near long enough. I did not even bother going round the earlier displays, suits of armour, etc. But I took one pic just to give a hint of what was there as I am sure some will find it of interest.

Also my camera batteries died on me. But we have pleanty of pics to come. But now I must sleep.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: found another pic I forgot I have taken. Now added.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

?

WOW! suits of armour are great as is the rest of the museum, i missed all that when i was there... thanks

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Now a few items all with U Boat connections.

The leather jacket, which Lez remarked was a good big sized chest for a submariner, was rather nice. It served the owner after the war as his everyday jacket. See the pic of him wearing it in civvies. Collectors always need to bear in mind the post war clothing shortages. Stuff got used!

The odd looking items are actually apples: these were recovered from a sunked U Boat, if memory serves me correctly, they were from the Seehund mini sub I showed earlier.

The famous Enigma machine really needs no caption from me. Note this is the special KM four rotor wheel version.
    Amazing stuff Ade!! ... How many enigma machines were there? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Good stuff Ade keep it all coming.... Cheers Terry.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast