Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Article about: by Larry C Amazing stuff Ade!! ... How many enigma machines were there? Regards Larry Hi Larry, I only saw the one there if I remember correctly. Bletchley Park has several on display there.

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

This was a new one on me: a female's medical tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Ever seen a set of these before Steve? Bundeswehr issue Pyjamas!
    I have Ade ! even these sometimes crop up on E-Bay ! it appears that the BW issued nearly every item of clothing to its recruits, I have just aquirred "Lothar Schusters" new book on uniforms and equipment of the BW 1955-2010, the amount of personal gear issued is IMO astounding ! perhaps a ex-British squaddie can inform us if it was the same in the British Army.
    Prost ! Steve.

I like this display too, a comparison of the East German Nationale Volksarmee baracks with that of the West German Bundeswehr Note how the decadent West had back to the chairs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Steve, they had the book on sale in the gift shop

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This was a new one on me: a female's medical tunic.
    Ade, worn since mid 70's to the mid 90's, women (until a 2000 ruling) only ever served in the medical services....the uniform changed to this.....note, no breast pockets.
    Prost ! Steve.
    p.s. The matching hat to the uniform you show is ultra rare, I have never seen one for sale, it is pill box style like an airline stewardess hat....the beret came later.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Thanks Steve. No hat on display there either...

Current issue camo worn in Afganistan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

OD shirts & trousers and boots from the 1980's.

Current issue kit

Einsatzmedaille der Bundeswehr mit spange

Unit standard streamers

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast