Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Article about: by Larry C Amazing stuff Ade!! ... How many enigma machines were there? Regards Larry Hi Larry, I only saw the one there if I remember correctly. Bletchley Park has several on display there.

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Well that is it for tonight, just a few pics left, tomorrow will see the thread completed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Thanks for Taking the time to post these Pics Ade looked like a great trip

Greg

Hi Greg, it is my pleasure, I have enjoyed sharing these.

NVA Generals uniform of Heinz Hoffmann along with his many awards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Hoffmann

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Rain drop pattern or more correctly, Strichtarn, (Sommerfelddienstanzug). Worn from 1960 onwards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

I always smile when I read 'DDR' as I can't think there was any democratic about communist control in the former east Germany.

NVA Officers schirmmütze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

NVA and Political Standards. I liked these.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

A final pic.

A nice display which summed up the fall of East Germany: a once proud army being sold off on street corners to collectors!

On our last day we visited Chemnitz, formerly Karl Marx Stadt during DDR times. We went to a large warehouse which sold vintage items. We found anything WW2 was expensive.

All in all a fantastic trip and many thanks to our kind hosts, Bee and Tim.

Cheers, Ade.

thanks for all photos.they are amazing

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A final pic.

A nice display which summed up the fall of East Germany: a once proud army being sold off on street corners to collectors!

On our last day we visited Chemnitz, formerly Karl Marx Stadt during DDR times. We went to a large warehouse which sold vintage items. We found anything WW2 was expensive.

All in all a fantastic trip and many thanks to our kind hosts, Bee and Tim.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yep, sold off on street corners and flea markets all over Berlin. Very interesting thread Adrian.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast