Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Overloon

Article about: Hello Everybody..Just back from a whirlwind visit of Europe..Our first visit was to a fellow War Relics member Gerrit & his family.. & what a family... So friendly & welcoming...

?

Some excellent photos there Ger.. keep them coming if you have anymore?...Hopefully catch Friday usual time? Cheers Terry.

?

The ATB issue is number nine you can get it from their website.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Cheers Paul I will have a look for that.. Thanks again Terry.

Wow Thanks for the tour, I was there back in 97 jeeze it's changed! Is the Panther still there? and did you get some shots of the US fox holes in the woods there? Here's a shot of me on the said Panther I could have gone inside it but I was creeped out because the crew where killed in it! land mine!

---edit--- ATB states that this was knocked out by a Piat? I think that's incorrect as it has a blast hole on the floor of it!!!! maybe I'm wrong and it was the ammunition that caused it? and also I heard that this one was knocked out in Russia? but again I'm probably wrong!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-13-2013 at 01:46 AM. Reason: added pic & text

?

Rene I didn't see that outside when I was there...One of my favourite tanks the Panther V...Sorry didn't see the foxholes too, but in my defence there is so much to see you would need 2 days to have a proper look around..Cheers Terry

Hi René, the Panther is still there, but is now indoors and restored and repainted. It was knocked out locally.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Missed thise somehow...
    Great thread!Seems you had a good time.
    I was planning to pay it a visit, last summer, on my way to a appointement I had a bit further down, but 14 euro admission made me continue my route and me and my wife visited the city of Nijmegen insted, and had a great time there as well.
    Call me cheap or what ever you want, but I find 14 euro a exssesive price to visit a museum, how big, inviting or holding extreme rare items...it may be!
    Maybe I am spoiled, having our Brussels war museum free of entrance fee!
    I got quiet mad when they charged Antwerp citizen's(year's ago!)to pay for the Antwerp musea.
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Yep

great museum and well worth a visit! Thanks for the pics.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4