Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pearl Harbor Memorial Park

Article about: I also concur with Carl..very well photographed,,which is all the documentation needed in telling about your visit and that time period. Awesome! Regards Larry

Default Pearl Harbor Memorial Park

I recently visited the island of Oahu, Hawaii and documented my trip to Pearl Harbor, aswell as the USS Arizona Memorial and would like to share it with everybody on the forum! (This is a VERY picture intensive thread)

As we all know, On December 7th, 1941 the naval base Pearl Harbor was caught in a surprise attack of 353 Japanese aircraft launched from six Imperial Navy carriers. The attack decimated a portion of the pacific fleet and caused 2402 American causalities and another 1282 wounded.

Below are pictures I took of various objects and exhibits at the park, ranging from torpedoes to artifacts and the USS Arizona Memorial among other things. Due to time constraints, I was only able to photograph and not explore the USS Bowfin (SS287) and the USS Missouri (BB63) exhibits.

I hope you all enjoy the shots as much as I enjoyed taking pictures of this deeply historic site!

Park Entrance
    Pearl Harbor Memorial Park

USS Bowfin - SS287
    Pearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial Park

USS Missouri - BB63
    Pearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial Park

The Memorial dedicated to the USS Arizona and the resting place of 1102 US servicemen who died upon it.

Pearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial Park

Japanese Suicide Torpedo
    Pearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial Park

Various weapons - Torpedos, a 40mm Bofors, Tomahawk Cruise Missile etc

The bofors gunner must have been a small guy, at 6'4 i had to uncomfortably cram myself into the seat!
    Pearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial Park

Here are the remaining other pictures I took of the museum aswell as surrounding items and areas.
    Pearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial ParkPearl Harbor Memorial Park

?

Default Re: Pearl Harbor Memorial Park

Excellent! I was stationed in the Army at Schofield Barracks 30+ years ago, some of your pictures make it seem like just yesterday! So powerful and memorable even after all these years. Good to see so many people still make the trip out to the memorial.

I was there 22 years ago and your photo's bring back the memories.

Thanks for showing !

?

Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    John

Thank you so much.
    This is very interesting.
    Some great pictures you took.
    This is better than what you see on TV.
    chris

Great shots. One day, I'd like to visit Pearl.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The arizona still bleeding oil after all these years, I'm amazed and heartached at the same time.

Quite a powerful place indeed. You watch a 25 minute documentary before the trip to the memorial that is quite emotional and hair raising! As I hold an advanced scuba certification, I jokingly asked a park ranger what the repercussions of "falling" into the water surrounding the memorial would be, and I got a stern "dont even think about it" in response!

Fabulous pictures! I would just love to visit !

The images of the submerged USS Arizona always leaves me cold

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Excellent thread, well photographed and nicely presented too. The images of the oily residue on the surface stand out for me, but there are indeed many striking and poignant images in your presentation. Well done and thank you.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast