Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline - Grosskampenberg ( Germany )

Article about: Here a lot of photo's from a piece of history. A piece from the Westwall or Siegfriedline in Grosskampenberg in Germany

Default A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline - Grosskampenberg ( Germany )

Here a lot of photo's from a piece of history. A piece from the Westwall or Siegfriedline in Grosskampenberg in Germany

A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany ) A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline  -  Grosskampenberg ( Germany )

Default Re: A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline - Grosskampenberg ( Germany )

Hi,Fantastic.
    Outstanding photos.
    I always wanted to visit traces of it.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Default Re: A piece of history : Westwall/Siegfriedline - Grosskampenberg ( Germany )

There's a lot of more pieces from the Westwall near Monschau in Germany....

cheers,
    poele

Hi
    Great photos. I would love to visit the places you get to go.

Martin

It's great to see that the Westwall is actually being preserved in places for historical reasons...When I was 17 (in '83), I spent the night camped out between the Dragon's Teeth outside of Monschau...thanks for bringing back some fine memories by sharing your photos! Cheers, Glenn

Great pictures of snow covered dragons teeth! They were a simple but effective tank defence

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Superb photos, I didn't know as much of it was left. A different kind of scar of war through the countryside. If some pretentious sculptor had done that, these days it would be called 'Art'.

Martin

Those dragon's teeth are on a steel-reinforced concrete foundation...neither cheap nor easy to demolish them...!
    Patton called it a "Monument to the stupidity of man."
    Cheers, Glenn

Armoured monster trucks. Problem solved

Great pics!

?

Love the photos, never thought traces of it would still be around!

all the best,
    Stefan