Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren

Article about: A short walk from the hotel, the former Gestapo HQ. The cells below still display several features of their days as a place of torment. During the occupation, upwards of 1,000 staff worked w

?

A short walk from the hotel, the former Gestapo HQ. The cells below still display several features of their days as a place of torment. During the occupation, upwards of 1,000 staff worked within this large building. Nowadays, it serves as a government building.

1-2) External views of the building, shown before and after last year's cleaning project.

3) The memorial marker located on the corner of the structure - the wording speaks of not forgetting what fascism means.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren   PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren  

?

The Gestapo HQ was addressed earlier in this thread:

Gestapo HQ Prague

?

Related postal and monetary pieces of the region and epoch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren   PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren  

nice... thanks to share

I went to Prague years ago on a family city break and didnt seek out much of the fascinating WW2 history!

I need to go back and see the sights you have indicated on this excellent thread Carl

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A place that I must visit in the near future!

Another interesting thread Carl!

Thank you, Glen.

?

Thanks gents. Prague truly is a city well worth a visit.

?

Two new threads addressing life in the former Protectorate, featuring materials currently displayed at the Prague Army Museum:

On The Streets Of The Protectorate - A New Exhibition In Prague

Karl Frank exhibit, his glass eye...and other items of note...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast