Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren

Article about: A short walk from the hotel, the former Gestapo HQ. The cells below still display several features of their days as a place of torment. During the occupation, upwards of 1,000 staff worked w

?

Default Re: PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren

Thanks gents, plenty more to come!

Great thread, work well done

?

Thank you for posting those.
    My Parents Vacationed there.. My Father was also pick pocketed there. To this day my Mother blames a good looking red head as the perpetrator . Apparently my father was just trying to help the young lady.... LMAO!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thank you gents.

Moving on, the site of the former Ministry of Propaganda - Waldsteingasse (Valdštejnská), later renamed Opletalova after Jan Opletal, a Czech medical student killed during demonstrations near the museum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren  

?

The attachment below, although taken further north - near Litoměřice, site of the former concentration camp Leitmeritz, is consistent with the conditions currently suffered by many in Prague. The well publicised flooding affecting much of central Europe has hit many in the region hard. Let us hope that the conditions ease soon, and this beautiful area survives intact so that we and many others are able to enjoy the sights and history for many years to come.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren  

?

In the eastern suburbs of the city, near the large Jewish cemetery, lies the site of the former Hagibor Barackenlager, a concentration camp for people of mixed marriages and non-Jews who had refused to divorce their spouses. The thread below briefly addresses the camp, which I am also covering on behalf of the USHMM for a future publication.

Barackenlager Hagibor

1) Hagibor, the original works building.

2) The memorial stone, located on the former barracks area.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren   PRAG - views from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren  

?

Thread addressing the 75th anniversary of the German occupation.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histor...7/#post1143141

Yet another great thread with interesting photos, cheers Carl!...

?

The famous shoe store Bata. Here, following the attack on Reinhard Heydrich, a large display featuring items from the scene of the attack was posted in the window area, appealing for witnesses to come forward.

?

On arriving in Prague, various high ranking individuals, such as Heydrich and Müller, stayed at the fine Esplanade Hotel, located opposite Prague's main train station.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast