Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Prague Air Museum

Article about: A few images taken recently at the Air Museum, Prague. The museum is quite large, anybody planning to visit should allow at least 2 hours - aircraft enthusiasts should probably arrange a hot

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Yes, the WWI hall is superbly presented.

Nick, the museum actually have two Me-262's. The other, a two-seater "Schwalbe" ("swallow"), is painted up in German colours.

Below is a list of places where Me-262's can be viewed. I am not certain how up to date the list is though - if planning a visit, do check beforehand:

Czech Republic

Prague, Kbely - 2 Me-262's on permanent exhibition.

Germany

München, Deutsches Museum.

Berlin-Gatow, Luftwaffenmuseum.

USA

Dayton, Ohio, National Museum of the USAF.

Everett, Washington. Flying Heritage Collection - example currently being restored in Britain.

Washington, D.C. National Air and Space Museum.

Pensacola, Florida - National Museum of Naval Aviation.

Britain

London, RAF Hendon

Australia

Canberra, Australian War Memorial - only example known with original colours, she was built at Regensburg in 1945.

South Africa

Johannesburg, SA Museum Military History.
    Carl, there was not an ME 262 on display at the Luftwaffen museum Berlin when i visited last December, just checked the museum website and it's not listed!..Cheers

Quote by CARL88 View Post

Australia

Canberra, Australian War Memorial - only example known with original colours, she was built at Regensburg in 1945.

Our Aussie one is still at the war memorial ( next to our Me-163 ) ...... double eye candy

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prague Air Museum   Prague Air Museum  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hi Gunny, yes, as I mentioned the list was not an up to date one - quite possible the example at Berlin was moved elsewhere I suppose.

Thanks Dan, fantastic display there

The WHOLE aircraft hall with it's interactive displays and dark hanger-like atmosphere is great - and "G for George" is a sight to behold!

Note our Me-109G hanging from the ceiling behind ( on a post actually ) .......bloody brilliant!

Sorry Carl, I didn't mean to hijack your thread ... I just love plane museums

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prague Air Museum   Prague Air Museum  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

So nice to see these aircraft in such wonderful condition. Care, financial support and effort by the bucket load for sure, but well worth it to preserve them for future generations.

Planes...Planes...Planes!

Superb museum, with wonderful warbird displays !

I can stay there for more than two days no problem.

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!
    Taka

thanks Carl for starting the thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3