Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pvt MaHood

Article about: I recently acquired a First World War medal duo engraved to a Private James MaHood of the Canadian 42nd Btn, , 7th Brigade, 3rd Division. On the surface, It's nothing special other than the

Default Re: Pvt MaHood

Thanks for doing this thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Doug , nice to see the photos of your trip. Hope you had a great time here , I sure enjoyed our conversations and driving you around.

Quote by relicz View Post
    Say hello to Frank, Karel, Ivan and all the Belgian guys for me......you guys are missed on that other forum.
    Our battle ain't over yet ;-)

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Our battle ain't over yet ;-)
    That's been my hope all along.
    Regards,
    John

nice thread. It gives a strange feeling when standing in front of a grave when having some items from that same man. Those man deserve our respect, that's the least we can do.

?

You really made this pair come alive Doug and this is what it's all about...the historical context of the artifacts we collect.
    It's wonderful to have his photograph, and to visit his grave site must have been very emotional.

James Mahood was born in Kilmarnock, Scotland on 13 October, 1887.
    A stonecutter by trade, he enlisted in the 73rd Battalion Royal Highlanders of Canada on 9 August, 1915.
    A small man at 5' 2", he was obviously big in heart and courage.
    He would have been age 31 at the time of his death.

I just sent you a copy of his Attestation papers.

Roy

?

Roy your the best, thanks! I was waiting for the seller of the grouping to find them and send them along! Much appreciated my good friend!!!

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Doug , nice to see the photos of your trip. Hope you had a great time here , I sure enjoyed our conversations and driving you around.
    Frank your hospitality was above and beyond, thank you so much. I'll be posting more pics as time permits! Today was a fantastic day with my son in and around Ieper, even though I had to stop at a drunk driving check stop (I don't drink and drive so I was ok) but had to argue with the police officer my drivers licence was a real one for 5 minutes LOL.

I've had a great time in Belgium, as always, and tomorrow as my final day it's Christmas shopping time!

?

Quote by langemarck View Post
    nice thread. It gives a strange feeling when standing in front of a grave when having some items from that same man. Those man deserve our respect, that's the least we can do.
    Absolutely. When I am back in July Ivan I have 3 more Canadian soldiers whom I want to pay my respects to whose medals I have. 1 killed in the November 1917 battles at Passchendaele, 1 died of gassing April 22, 1915 the first day of the 2nd Battle of Ypres, 16th CEF Btn during the attack on Kitcheners Wood (which I visited today) and one d.o.w. at Vimy Ridge.

Ivan and Frank, thanks again for the visits to KL Breendonk and Kaserne Dossin with Frank and seeing your outstanding collections. I learnt a lot about Belgian Adrian's and loved seeing the entire collection. Your hospitality was outstanding as well and that was still the best meal I've had on my entire trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2