Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

RAF Museum, Hendon.

Article about: I would love to see 505 in Chicago!!

Default Re: RAF Museum, Hendon & memorials, London

Well, I guess I can do a " googling". By the way, I will upload more photos to this thread tomorrow sometime. Of Gøring's awards.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Hi Chris and Adrian, thanks for the great pics.

Hi FB, for the V Bombers you must visit RAF Cosford. It would be right up your street. The museum is devoted to the Cold War. Free entry too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Adrian and Christina , great photos that reminded me of my visits to Hendon to see those iconic war birds ! You should try and visit Duxford also , which houses part of the Imperial War Museum . On certain times of the year they hold airshows and you can see some of these old war birds in flight , makes a great day out ............if you catch the weather right
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Hi FB, for the V Bombers you must visit RAF Cosford. It would be right up your street. The museum is devoted to the Cold War. Free entry too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Dear Adrian, thank you. I have not been in Britain since 1982, which is a silly thing on my part. I was raised on the Observer's Book of Aircraft as a tyke and was mesmerized by nuclear weapons, since we all had to be prepared to be incinerated. I did go to SAC, HQ prior to the end of the cold war, I can say. It was an interesting experience, plus I knew some of the real Dr. Strangelove people, too.
    My best to you all, FB

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    I'll second this, Cosford really is a fantastic day out!

Quote by Alan M View Post
    Adrian and Christina , great photos that reminded me of my visits to Hendon to see those iconic war birds ! You should try and visit Duxford also , which houses part of the Imperial War Museum . On certain times of the year they hold airshows and you can see some of these old war birds in flight , makes a great day out ............if you catch the weather right
    Hi Alan and thank you for the nice words. Actually we went to Duxford a month ago - here is the link to the thread, enjoy!
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/aviat...d-trip-263301/
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    Hi Alan and thank you for the nice words. Actually we went to Duxford a month ago - here is the link to the thread, enjoy!
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/aviat...d-trip-263301/
    Oh Jeeez , i am always to late LOL
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Great pics - Thanks for the tour. Must be quite something
    to be up-close to so many historic aircraft.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Was the radar equipment on the Bf110 experimental? I hope i can go there one day looks like a spectacular museum too bad last time i was in England i wasn't that into wwii.
    Ryan

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Great pics - Thanks for the tour. Must be quite something
    to be up-close to so many historic aircraft.........!
    It was quite..... thrilling to be so up-close to the Lancaster, B17 and the Spitfires/Rolls Royce Merlins. In fact, Adrian could not drag me away. I was like a very lucky kid in a huge candy store!!!
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast