Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Recent trip to Berlin !!

Article about: Great pics Paul Its changed a bit since I was there in 1980 !! Nick

Looking forward to any pics Paul. Unfortunately my Berlin trip is on hold for the foreseeable future but hopefully it will happen at some stage. In the mean time I'll just enjoy everyone else's pics!

Recent trip to Berlin !!

Flak bunker Humbolthain !

Mfg
    Marc

Recent trip to Berlin !!

Entrance building KZ Sachsenhausen !

Mfg
    Marc

I should be back in Berlin once again this summer with Army on a battlefield tour.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Looking forward to any pics Paul. Unfortunately my Berlin trip is on hold for the foreseeable future but hopefully it will happen at some stage. In the mean time I'll just enjoy everyone else's pics!
    If you decide to go to Berlin and job allowing (if i've still got a bloody job that is), i'll meet you there and show you the sights mate!...

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    If you decide to go to Berlin and job allowing (if i've still got a bloody job that is), i'll meet you there and show you the sights mate!...
    He's already booked in with me mate , but we could always make it a forum get together !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    He's already booked in with me mate , but we could always make it a forum get together !!
    Nice one!...

?

the photo at the of post # 1 shows the Fredrickstrasse train station, when I was there in 2014 the large buildings on other side of the bridge were not there, they were empty lots full of rubble . The buildings facing the rubble were pock marked from bullet and artillery rounds. In fact all the buildings in the old east german sector had poorly done facades, from the street they looked rebuild but go through the courtyard or around the back and they still looked as if it was still Zero Hour.
    the second photo in post # 4 this was the view from my room on the spree at Pensioner hotel, (great place I was single then the east german girls had little English, but we worked it out In order to eat, I had to walk to the old American sector, and the Irish bar around the corner from the hotel. I walked over that bridge for two weeks everyday knowing the events that took place there

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5