Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh

Article about: Long known to most as the museum of the South Wales Borderers in Brecon, it is actually the museum of the Royal Welsh. That said, much if not most of what is on display is from the Borderers

Default Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh

Long known to most as the museum of the South Wales Borderers in Brecon, it is actually the museum of the Royal Welsh. That said, much if not most of what is on display is from the Borderers and their associated regiments the Monmouths etc, though there is some items from the Welsh. There is no RWF or Welsh Guards as both of them have their own museums, being in Caernarvon and Oswestry respectively.

It is very much an old school museum with lots of items on display, it only has cards to describe what is there with much of it not labelled, so great IMO.

A selection of pics just to give a flavour of what is there. These include the flag that flew over the Rorke's Drift Mission Station and the old colours of the SWB's as well as a flag from the Monmouths from WWI which was carried into Hohenzollern Redoubt which has the battalion name/number covered to hinder identification, though the black welsh dragon is something hard to hide.

There is an extensive collection of weopens, uniforms, medals including VC's and ephemera and lots more, well worth a trip.

The Regimental Museum of The Royal Welsh (Brecon)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh   Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh  

Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh   Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice pictures thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for posting this.
    I really like the ww1 Monmouth flag.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Looks brilliant!

?

I like it

Thanks all.

some more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh   Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.