Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

royal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castle

Article about: myself and the family have been on a little holiday a bit further down the north wales coast to the market town of caernarfon the hotel we sayed at was in close proximity to the castle ,whic

Default royal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castle

myself and the family have been on a little holiday a bit further down the north wales coast to the market town of caernarfon the hotel we sayed at was in close proximity to the castle ,which was for those too young to remember (including myself) the location for prince charles's investiture to prince of wales back in 1969 ,also located within the castle walls was the RWF museum ,something that is close to my heart ,as my great grandfather was a member of the regiment during ww1 ,i do apologise for the picture quality it was the best i could do under the circumstances what with camera flash of the displays etc, i really hope you enjoy ,the last photo was a purchase from the gift shop ,i couldnt resist regards james royal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castle
    Regards James

?

Default Re: royal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castle

Col that made me chuckle those 7.62 mm..rounds like a bloody kid honestly...!! Looks like a place worth visiting..some good snaps there have you anymore of the soldier in NBC kit??...Cheers Terry,.

i know terry i couldnt resist ,here you go palroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castleroyal welsh fusiliers museum ,caernarfon castle
    Regards James

?

Spot on Col thank you very much..some good snaps here..Don't mind if I save them??..He is actually wearing the kit correctly for a change..& the GPMG tops it off as a good display...Cheers Terry.

?

I have been to caernarfon castle a few times its a very interesting place, great photos

Great stuff James, thanks for showing the pictures. The WWII 3rd battalion 53rd Welsh Div and the WWI cuff rank tunic displays are great to see.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Spot on Col thank you very much..some good snaps here..Don't mind if I save them??..He is actually wearing the kit correctly for a change..& the GPMG tops it off as a good display...Cheers Terry.
    no problem terry you save them,how did you guess i took extra snaps of this kit lol
    Regards James

?

Well if you are like me when you go somewhere like this the camera goes into melt down...lol Also I was stalking you whilst you were in there so I saw you had taken lots of snaps!!!! lol joking of course...I'm 3700 miles away working.....I don't think men like us could take only 1 photo of such a good display..Good job I guessed right?? Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Well if you are like me when you go somewhere like this the camera goes into melt down...lol Also I was stalking you whilst you were in there so I saw you had taken lots of snaps!!!! lol joking of course...I'm 3700 miles away working.....I don't think men like us could take only 1 photo of such a good display..Good job I guessed right?? Cheers Terry.
    i know what you mean terry ,i did get a little over exited at the displays and took lots of piccy's , my wife and daughter had a totally different attitude ,my daughter 's over use of the word boring got on my nerves after the first 3 hours in fairness it was the first display

- - Updated - -

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Great stuff James, thanks for showing the pictures. The WWII 3rd battalion 53rd Welsh Div and the WWI cuff rank tunic displays are great to see.
    great stuff jerry ,im glad you enjoyed
    Regards James

Now that is a proper Castle! Agree with Terry good NBC mock up. I like the NI mock up too. Looks like a good little place to go.